Corsair Community

AIO Lifespan (again)

johnstrasser

Hi Folks,

I purchased my H100i back in 2013. It's been running like a champ the whole time.

Ironically, I thought I was going to OC and never got around to it - which may be why my current daily driver is still the same rig I describe here in my system profile (which I wrote in 2013). Other than the HDDs.

Occasionally the fans ramp up when needed but it's been great. Kudos to the Corsair design & manufacturing teams.

I haven't even changed the thermal paste. And that's what brings me around to this post.

I figure sometime this fall I'll finally have time to take the system apart and re-paste everything.

Should I look at replacing the cpu cooler as well?

Thanks

You probably don't need to replace the cooler unless it gives you a reason. However at 7 years, it might be time for a re-paste.

The only reason I can think of to be proactive is if you cannot have the PC go down for any length of time and you cannot secure a replacement right then and there. Some people work from home and need a working PC 7 days a week. A lot of people now fit that category and ability to run out to a store and pick up a replacement same day may not be possible. If those are your circumstances, you might at least figure out what you would need and where you would get it. Otherwise, I would continue on with what you have.