Corsair Community

Water block leak ruined my cpu, motherboard, and video card

Hogroast

I purchased a 120mm advanced pc cooling system for my new AMD 64 bit motherboard and chip, installed the cooling system, and everything worked great for about 4 weeks then the water block started leaking shorting out my motherboerd, chip and video card. Who is going to replace all of my components? I just spent $1,052.00 building this system. and now all I have is an empty case. [/color] :mad: I am contacting Corsair to get a refund on this product and next time will invest in a good heatsink and fan!

I purchased a 120mm advanced pc cooling system for my new AMD 64 bit motherboard and chip, installed the cooling system, and everything worked great for about 4 weeks then the water block started leaking shorting out my motherboerd, chip and video card. Who is going to replace all of my components? I just spent $1,052.00 building this system. and now all I have is an empty case. [/color] :mad: I am contacting Corsair to get a refund on this product and next time will invest in a good heatsink and fan!

Do you mean you bought The Cool?

You would have to talk to your reseller for a refund, as they are who sold you your water cooling system. Corsair can only replace it under warranty.

Hogroast-

The CPU water blocks shipped with the "COOL" kit are pressure tested during production and when the tubing is pre-attached to the block itself. Are you able to tell where the leak is on your system? Please email the COOL GUY coolguy@corsairmemory.com with your contact information so that he can contact you directly to talk about your "COOL" kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although my block has not destroyed my Motherboard, CPU, etc. I'm very lucky because it most certainly would have. My block leaks from the factory sealed tubing as well, and from what I can tell the soldering joint on the base itself. I happened to luck out in that I noticed the moisture while preparing to install a new CPU.

I have to say that I'm disappointed in the fact that I spent my hard earned money on this setup, only to find out that it's defective two weeks later. What's more disappointing is that I emailed the Cool Guy last saturday and have still recieved no response, not even a confirmation. I'll be emailing again tonight, but if I get no reponse, I have to eat the cost. :(:

Hi

As i was new to watercooling, i decided to use fluidxp instead of water as it is non conductive.

It cost me £30 but i feel well worth it for peace of mind.

Fortunateley though my kit didnt leak so i know that im ok now.

My pump failed however and i didnt drain the system when i replaced it and the fluid xp went all over my graphics card motherboard etc but the computer ran happilly covered in this fluid..

As ive been unable to get more, im currently using water now, but the fluidxp worked well enough initially to let me know my system doesnt leak. so using water for a little while till i get more fluid i know will be ok.

sorry too hear about your leaks, hope this info helps

PeteB

PeteB,

If you're using water, make sure it's "distilled water". Distilled water is nearly 99% non-conductive. BUT, regular tap water from the faucet is conductive.

Stev

Sure am

Thanks

Archived