Jump to content
Corsair Community

Equalizer not working for Virtuoso RGB


vinox
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all. Posted this on the Reddit sub, but since no reaction there... giving it a go here.

 

I have issues with my Virtuoso RGB in combination with iCue. At some point the equalizer stopped working. 7.1 as well actually, but I don't use that, so that's less of an issue, to me at least. I have read countless posts of people having the same issue, ranging all the way back to the Void Pro, so I am fairly sure this is not a headset issue. It's iCue. I have found ONE way to solve it (see below), but after reboot/disconnecting the headset (wireless connection, switch off to USB mode to put it away for the night), the problem is back. iCue version 3.31.81, headset fw 0.17.149, dongle fw 0.16.80, all the latest versions.

 

Solutions I had tried: Reinstalling iCue after uninstalling with Revoinstaller, incl removing all the profiles and settings (I had a LOT of lighting profiles...), and reinstalling iCue: did nothing. Regular uninstall (not with Revo) obviously I tried before that, to no avail as well. I've tried all different things I found online, nothing.

 

The solution I applied that finally fixed it: disconnect device, remove device from device manager (both mic and headphones), do not reboot, then reconnect, then reinstall iCue, it reinstalls the drivers and lo and behold, the eq works again! I was SO happy, I spent HOURS finding the solution. ... then I turned off my pc and headset after a night of gaming and rebooted today. Aaaaaaand it's back. Pretty pissed off at this point, but even more disappointed.

 

The big problem I have with all this: Everything worked fine before I updated iCue to the latest version... I could roll back, but principally... why should I? This should work.

 

Any support is welcome, both from users who have shared my woes, but definitely also from the Corsair mods/employees that lurk this sub. This is a VERY weird issue, and I'm willing to collaborate on it with you by sending some logs or whatever, but I'm more hoping that I just missed one magical solution that actually solves it. Permanently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I just wanted to comment that I've got the same issue. Using your workaround does indeed work but as soon as the headset turns itself off or I reboot my PC, the Equalizer, Auto Audio Repositioning, and the Stereo to 7.1 switching stops working despite the feedback stating Surround has been enabled.

 

I resorted to Equalizer APO / Peace GUI which works just fine even after a reboot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fixed mine by using it in only USB mode and plugged into my computer. Once I switch back to wireless, everything stops working again (except it still plays audio, just with no EQ settings working). Hope this helps and they fix it in the next update.

 

 

Edit: You may have to do these steps first:

1. Set headset to USB mode

2. Unplug dongle

3. Unplug headset

4. Plug dongle back in

5. Plug headset back in WHILE STILL IN USB MODE

6. Try your EQ and see if it does anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...