Corsair Community

ASUS K8N and Corsair CMX1024-3200PT shows 512 MB

dieven

I have a new ASUS K8N motherboard and I've tried my new Corsair CMX1024-3200PT in each of the three DIMM slots. The BIOS and OS show 512MB, I expected twice that. The K8N manual says on page 1-10 that "Stacked RAM and DDR DIMM modules with more than 18 chips are not supported." The Corsair web site shows K8N compatible with this memory stick.

Do I have a bad Corsair memory chip, or should I seek another type of memory for this motherboard?

Thanks,

Dieven

I have a new ASUS K8N motherboard and I've tried my new Corsair CMX1024-3200PT in each of the three DIMM slots. The BIOS and OS show 512MB, I expected twice that. The K8N manual says on page 1-10 that "Stacked RAM and DDR DIMM modules with more than 18 chips are not supported." The Corsair web site shows K8N compatible with this memory stick.

Do I have a bad Corsair memory chip, or should I seek another type of memory for this motherboard?

Thanks,

Dieven@msn.com

I managed to get through to Asus about my memory problem and the official response was to use the new 1008.10 bios.

I tried that and now I cannot select RAM timings and if i even enter the bios the computer fails to boot when I exit requiring CMOS battery removal and jumper reset.

The only way I can get it working is by pressing F2 at startup.

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules in another system to be sure, but you may have a improperly programmed module. We can always try replacing them if you like.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived