Corsair Community

Boot Memory Error

laajr

I just completed a new build using an Intel D915PGN MB and Corsair VS1GBKIT400 memory modules installed in dual channel mode.

On initial boot, I hear 3 beeps (no video), which is a parity error in the first 64k. I swapped the memory between sockets with the same results. I booted with only 1 module in bank 0, with the same results. I also tried both modules in bank 1 with the same results.

Your configuration chart does show compatibility with the Intel MB I am using.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Well that would be impossible since the modules are non parity and the MB you does not support registered memory. But you might contact Intel and see what they have to say. In addition, I would suggest testing the modules in another MB.

My mistake---After I read your msg, I went back to the MB manual and found that 3 beeps signifies a memory error (does not say parity error). When I had researched this on the net, most of the matches showed 3 beeps as a memory parity error and this is what I had quoted.

A further update: when I had swapped the memory modules last evening, one of the 2 modules was never removed from the computer. This evening, I removed the one module that was always plugged into the MB. Well, the computer completed its' boot sequence this evening. When I plugged both modules in, the boot sequence fails (3 beeps). If I plug the bad stick into any of the MB memory slots the computer fails to boot. With the one good stick, my bios sees 512.

How do I obtain a matched set of replacement ram as I am using the ram in dual channel mode?

Thanks

Archived