Corsair Community

MSI 865PE Neo2 - help

Digory

I have recently purchased MSI 865PE NEO2 MOBO for use with P4 2.4GHZ/800MHZ & 512MB RAM - sounds simple. Asked for two sticks of CMX256a-3200LL (as per MSI vendor list)but supplier said not available and CMX256A-3500C2PT would be ok. Just want to check I have been given good advice before I un-pack and install. Cheers muchly Digory

• 1 month later...
Dear Mr RAM Guy, Thanks for your reply / advice - have been off-line & so not yet tried it. Appreciate if you would be kind enough to confirm what you mean here (sorry if numpty Q but newbie) [COLOR=red]set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts.[/COLOR] My current settings are: CAS latency is set to 2.5 clocks (avail settings 2&2.5) RAS precharge is 3 clocks (avail settings 2,3&4) RAS to CAS delay is 3 clocks (2,3&4) precharge delay is 8 clocks (avail settings 5,6,7&8) burst length is 8 (no units - avail settings 4&8) DDR power voltage is 2.65v How does your line 2-3-2-6 map accross ? Assume DIM voltage is same as DDR power voltage ? Also - there is an option to set AGP Aperture size - currently set to 64MB. Should I set this to 128MB to be same as memory on my AGP card ? Many thanks for help - Happy Crimbo :winking: Digory

• Corsair Employees
Please try: CAS latency is set to 2.0 clocks RAS precharge is 2 clocks RAS to CAS delay is 3 clocks precharge delay is 6 clocks burst length is 8 DDR power voltage is 2.75v And I would set the performance mode to normal or fast as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Have a look around over at [url]www.rojakpot.com[/url] for Adrian Wong's bios optimisation guide. He recommends that AGP aperature be set to be equal to AGP onboard memory + 12mb. So, if you have a 128mb AGP card, technically you would want your AGP aperature to be 140. This is usually not an option though, so I'd set it to equal whatever your onboard AGP memory is. Mike.

• 3 weeks later...
Ram Guy, Thanks for help. Have made changes to settings as recommended. Seems to have speeded thing up but difficult to tell. Think I will run benchtest to confirm. Re DDR voltage - have set to 2.75V as recommended and seems ok. My MOBO manual warns that increasing DDR above default [2.65V] for long periods will result in instability and/or damage. Is this correct ? Cheers, Digory:):

Archived