Corsair Community

RMA requested

Am_I_Evil

i posted this before, but for some reason its gone.....so i'll try it again...

i have a TWINX1024-3200XL set (2x512)

i also have a new MSI K8N Neo2 Plat...

it works with one stick but i believe the other is bad....if the bad stick is by itself it crashes....if in with the good stick it crashes....the good stick by it self works...and the old ram i am using now works great....

i went and tried the bad stick in another computer and it crashes....

whenever the bad stick is in i get Blue Screens either loading into windows or right after it loads....

i have also tried numerous voltages & Mem. Speeds....nothing fixes it...

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

i can't figure out what's going on but there's comething wrong somewhere...

i run Memtest no errors....

i think "hey, maybe its working"

Load windows....crash....

try just the good stick and it stays on...and my older Value RAM from Corsair has no problems running in dual channel....

so its got to be that one stick right?? that one stick by itself or with others crashes it....get rid of that stick and its fine....

if possible can i RMA this (most likely the set, so i'm guaranteed to get a matched set back) so i can try another pair....if the same problem exists i'll just put the RAM in my other computer and use the vaule RAM in this computer....

but i really want to use the better RAM on my new system....

i tried the voltage at 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 & 2.85....i ran the memory at 166MHz, 200MHz, & 208MHz....always the same problem....and its only that one stick....

• 2 weeks later...

just wondering if i will receive any type of e-mail or anything when the package gets there or anything so i know everything's good to go...

(its not there yet....and the package won't be delivered until the 3rd....but i was just wondering if i'll get an e-mail when it gets there and then when something is sent back to me....)

• 2 weeks later...

yup....was definetly the old RAM....

got the new sticks in yesterday afternoon....

popped 'em in....

booted up at current OC from ValueRAM at 208 on the RAM 250 on CPU...

now running 1:1 @ 250 perfectly stable....

this rules....

Archived