Corsair Community

rgb fans and lighting strips

Fillemon

Hello,i have 9 fans in my pc.

7 of them are Corsair Sp120 RGB LED 120mm and 2 of them ML 140 pro rgb.

And 4 lighting strips.

So in the shop they could not fix it so i bought a commander pro and there is a lighting node pro in the case and a corsair rgb fan led hub.

I bought a second corsair rgb fan led hub,so how do i get this working please?thx

Update: i found out that i have 3 corsair sp 120 rgb led 120mm fans have,

than 2 fans corsair ML 140 pro rgb led and 4 LL 120 rgb fans(CO-9050072-WW),and 4 led stripes.

I have a commander pro 1 piece,and 2 corsair rgb fan led hub,and 1 lighting node pro.

So how can i wire this all up please???knd reg.

Hello, i have 3 corsair sp 120 rgb led 120mm fans,2corsair ML 140 pro rgb led fans,

and 4 LL 120 rgb fans,and 4 led strips.

Now i have 2 corsair rgb fan led hubs and 1 commander pro and 1 lighting node pro.

So how can i get this working please?thx

I am no expert, but I think you do not need the Node Pro.

Your lighting strips just plug in to your Commander Pro with 6 of your PWM fans (you could grab 3 PWM splitters so all 9 will be controlled by it), and your 9 RGB fans plug in to your 2 Lighting Node Core's. Obviously you will need to hook up all SATA power connections and 3 USB 2.0 headers (Commander Pro has 2 headers though).

You will need 1 more fan hub.

You will need a fan hub for each type of LED fan. In your case, you will need 3 fan hubs.

Each fan hub needs a seperate lighting channel (6 fans max per hub). and the strips will need a seperate channel too. You will need 4 lighting channels to make your setup work.

You have 2 channels on the commander pro and 2 channels on the lighting node pro.

So you can either buy a fan hub to run what you have or sell the 3 SP 120's and buy 3 or 4 more ML120 PRO RGB's or 2 more LL120 RGB's.

ML120 PRO RGB and LL120 RGB fans look much better without SP120's in my opinion.

You will need 1 more fan hub.

You will need a fan hub for each type of LED fan. In your case, you will need 3 fan hubs.

Each fan hub needs a seperate lighting channel (6 fans max per hub). and the strips will need a seperate channel too. You will need 4 lighting channels to make your setup work.

You have 2 channels on the commander pro and 2 channels on the lighting node pro.

So you can either buy a fan hub to run what you have or sell the 3 SP 120's and buy 3 or 4 more ML120 PRO RGB's or 2 more LL120 RGB's.

ML120 PRO RGB and LL120 RGB fans look much better without SP120's in my opinion.

4 Channels? RGB fans don't use lighting channels on the commander pro, they just use a USB header. Well my 10 QL120's didn't need a channel just 2 Node Core's.

But ye, I forgot u will need 1 Node Core per type of fan for iCUE oops

Welcome to Corsair RGB! Although it does have some positives albeit confusing at times :D

4 Channels? RGB fans don't use lighting channels on the commander pro, they just use a USB header. Well my 10 QL120's didn't need a channel just 2 Node Core's.

But ye, I forgot u will need 1 Node Core per type of fan for iCUE oops

Welcome to Corsair RGB! Although it does have some positives albeit confusing at times :D

Wich node core?The corsair lighting node core?

Hello,i have 9 fans in my pc.

7 of them are Corsair Sp120 RGB LED 120mm and 2 of them ML 140 pro rgb.

And 4 lighting strips.

So in the shop they could not fix it so i bought a commander pro and there is a lighting node pro in the case and a corsair rgb fan led hub.

I bought a second corsair rgb fan led hub,so how do i get this working please?thx

I am guessing the "corsair rgb fan led hub" is the Node Core? It's the USB device you get inside a 3x120mm RGB fan pack. It's a little box with 2 wires coming from it with 6 RGB inputs.

the RGB fan hub is a lighting hub that plugs on either the node pro or the commander pro for lighting, using the tiny 3 pin molex, same one found on led strips.

The node core is a standalone version that is roughly equivalent to a node pro and a fan hub all in one (and plugs on USB).. Two completely different ways to connect fans.

Technically you shouldn't mix fan types on the same hub, so it would be 3 hubs.

For example, one connected to the CoPro with 6 SP120, one on the other channel with 1 SP120, and the last hub on the Node Pro with the two ML140.

That leaves you one free channel on the node pro for RGB strips (up to 6 daisy chained)