Corsair Community

Re-install of H80i V2

SP77

Hello all. I've just recently re-installed the H80i v2 (after the original pump failed and was RMA'd and more recently the replacement Cooler Master Hyper T4 fan failed) and am unsure if I should disable CPU Q fan control in my Bios or set it to manual? I've read a few threads online and am finding different opinions. My MB is an Asus P8Z68-V LX (LGA1155) with an i5 2550k 3.4 (OC'd to 4.3). There aren't any issues with Link, all fans are visible. CPU Q fan control is currently disabled with chasis q enabled and set to manual. Temps are fine and stay good while under load (though it's only been a few hours).

Also, I had fans installed in the front and top of my case (NZXT Source 210) for push and pull. Are they fine together with the H80i (those fans are push and pull too)?

Thanks in advance for any help. Stay safe and healthy.

Technically they both should do the same thing. However, specifically for Asus I prefer disabled because it truly locks it at 100%/12v. There are some motherboard settings and features that will override a manually set 100% fan curve without expressly telling you. Across the spectrum, disabled is the more secure choice even though it shouldn't matter the majority of the time.

Thanks for the reply, C. So, I'll leave it disabled then.

I found out from reading on other threads that Link has reached end of life and iCue is it's replacement. Would you recommend uninstalling the old and using the new instead? And since gaming is what I generally do should I use the quiet or balanced profile? Hopefully it's alright to use this thread to ask other questions. I don't want to create new ones for non-issues.

Edit #1: Well, my impatience got the better of me and I decided to try out iCue (Yay, for boredom). I like it so far. It's cleaner than Link and more customizable. I Watched the iCue for Link Users - Fan Curves video, and figured out how those work, but can't change the pump profile to balanced (only quiet or extreme). Is extreme too much to use? While I do game, I rarely go on marathon sessions.

Edited by SP77