Corsair Community

PWM Hub setup not working

Philipyeung

Hi,

I currently using 10 X QL120 fans to set up my new pc, and I am running it with 2x lighting node pro, 2X PWM hubs (OTOTEC 10 portshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S89LLZZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and 1 commando pro. for all ARGBs lighting setting, it works fine under iCue.

For fan control setting. I am having a problem seeing all 10 fans.

I have plugin port 1,2,3 & 6 for my 3 side intake fans and 1 rear exhaust fan. these fans are working perfectly and I can see them through iCue.

However, The top rads x 3fans and bot rads X 3 fans are plugs into the 2 PWM hubs. which are not detecting in iCue.

I am not sure if this is hardware problem or a software problem. if someone can advise that will be much appreciated.

Regards

Phil

Thanks for your help.

I have tried to change the setting from Auto to 4pin in the commando pro.

However, the fan control page still showing 0 RPM and will not make any different if I change to quiet or extreme.

However, what I have noticed, is when I switch between the auto and 4 pin.

the fan speed changed. I guess is doing something, but not quite right.

Hope someone can help. Just don't want to buy a new commando pro or new hub incase is just a software or setting issue.

110318217_289265175511365_786196505932192667_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Qjmx_4SBrGYAX9OEib_&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=d8749e6f34e77c8b78518ae2a385596e&oe=5F3EC175

109931085_320612282313471_5297377150929171060_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=NP7wJHwtJbMAX_C_Zoi&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7cd19db5910ce0e9a124fb876ea83cbf&oe=5F3E42B7

regards

Phil

Make sure you are not using the three Commander fan presets (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) to test this stuff. It is a hidden and mysterious curve linked to CPU temp and you are likely to see 1400 rpm all the time. I recommend everyone get off those immediately. For actual control, use your GPU or MB temps for a quick set-up. Long term the temp probes or your water sensors are the ideal control sensor choice. For now, just create a new custom curve and use the fixed RPM or Fixed % to deliberately move the fan up or down so you can test compliance.

That said, there also is the possibility the Commander just doesn't like the PWM signal for the device. There have been some issues with compatibility and there seems to be some differences in PWM spec between regional areas. Some of the Noctua, EK Vardar, and BeQuiet fans don't always respond to the Commander's signal. I don't think we have a list going for PWM hubs as to what works and what does not. I know some use an obscure part from a Corsair case that essentially identical to what you have. I am using a Silverstone 8 fan PWM hub and it works great, including smoothing over some of those troublesome fans that don't work when connected directly. I have seen this hub online, but don't know anyone with first hand experience with it.

Edited by c-attack
Silly predictive text

It can handle the current. I have run 6 industrial fans off it for the side rad. 6-8 QL should not be an issue. Of course, they will all run the same speed so this is best for offloading a pair of 3x120 radiators. I think there is also 6 or 10 fan hub.

By the way, i manage to sort it out, and don't need to replace my hub. Thanks a million C-attack you are amazing!

It work when I play around with customer graphic setting!

I'm glad to hear that. So far everyone has been having success with the PWM hubs. I am hoping that continues and it seems to be an effective solution. I like it better than running two Commander like I was before.