Corsair Community

Bad Module

I have four modules purchased seperatly at Best Buy at different times. They were purchased as a two pack. Both were installed one two different computers and both sets failed. Both systems are Intel based computers with the average motherboards model #'s are D864gbf and D915gav and both have up to date bios versions. If you are familiar with these boards you know that Intel sets the memory speed and colck settings according to what it detects in the memory slots, upon review of these settings ( and compareing them with what your specifacations) and running memtest on both sets of modules it is determined that all four sticks show errors. Both of these systems have had the faulty modules replaced with your model #Cmx512-3200c2 xms. One box has (4) sticks of this memory and the other has (2) and both machines run like a top. I have to say that I have tried these xms512-3200xlpro sticks before and have not had good luck. So with that said I would like to get these modules returned and exchanged for the other model # CMX512-3200c2 if at all possible.

Thank you for listening.

Jack Stiner

. I have to say that I have tried these xms512-3200xlpro sticks before and have not had good luck. So with that said I would like to get these modules returned and exchanged for the other model # CMX512-3200c2 if at all possible.

Sorry if I'm a little lost reading your post.

You have 2 systems, one with 4 sticks of 3200C2 and the other with 2 sticks.

Where does the 3200XL come in to play?

Are you trying to mix the XL's with the C2's?

• Corsair Employees

I would have too agree with CMC, can you be a bit more specific with what you are trying to do? Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

In addition, our XMS3200XL modules would need to have the dim voltage set to 2.8 Volts, have you tested the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org with the Voltage set to 2.8 Volts?

Archived