Corsair Community

H100i Pro Platinum - Fan Headers amps

viciousnake

It's listed in the AIO FAQ in my sig

Thanks!!

The answer at point A10 is what I was looking for.

I'm planning to connect 6 fans to a new H100i Plat, in 2 groups to control each group speed.

header1 with 3-way splitter = 3 LL that take 0.9A

header2 with 3-way splitter = 3 ML Pro that take 0.657A

The maths give me a total 1.557A for max speed.

So, being exceeded by that 0.007 can be a problem?

Is this a bad idea or it will work?

A max rating is a max rating for a reason. It probably won't explode right away but definately strain the circuitry and potentially blow some part at some point.

I understand what you're saying.

Is it really possible for something to explode or break?

In case I left the LL (which would be used as case fans) working at 50-60%, I understand that they would consume less amps and there would be no problem then?

yes, there is a possibity that some capacitor or resistor blows up. it just needs a small amount of overcurrent to make them heat up to the point of failure. It might probably be enough when you boot your system and the fans start ramping at 100% until they get controlled by the pump. If you want to go this route, get a powered fan hub or, the more elegant way, a commander pro

yes, there is a possibity that some capacitor or resistor blows up. it just needs a small amount of overcurrent to make them heat up to the point of failure. It might probably be enough when you boot your system and the fans start ramping at 100% until they get controlled by the pump. If you want to go this route, get a powered fan hub or, the more elegant way, a commander pro

If I use a powered fan hub, still can connect it to the pump to controll fans RPM right?

all the fans are then controlled as a single unit

Yes, I know what you mean, but I was thinking of getting 2 of this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA07-45-Flexa-Splitter-Cable/dp/B008PO4X2E/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=fan+hub+powered&qid=1595450912&sr=8-2

3 ML to one, 3 LL to the other, then the headers to the pump. That way I can control each group?

----------------------

Edit

Another option, is to buy not h100i Plat, maybe Pro, and use the non rgb fans as pull with front LL of the case as push. Is ok to do push/pull with LL push and ML pull?

Edited by viciousnake