Corsair Community

Correct orientation for bottom fans

ThesunGirl

Since I'll likely be getting a new case and a set of corsair QL RGB fans I would like to know what the correct orientation for the bottom fans in cases such as the Lian li o11. Should the corsair logo be facing towards you or should it be facing towards the rear of the case?

Most users will want the bottom fans as intake in an O11. You can blow heat out the bottom, but then there is a good chance you bring it back into the case from the side. QL fans are more difficult to distinguish intake from exhaust side and that is one of their main selling points. The exhaust side of the fan will have the 4 support vanes visible. The center hub sticker is the same on both sides.

The fans would be oriented as intake. But what I was trying to ask was specifically the rotation of the fans for the iCUE effects. You could have the fans oriented so that the logo is facing towards the glass so they would be horizontal I guess for iCUE or you could put then logo facing towards the rear so the effects would be vertical I think. I'm not sure which way is the correct way

I'm not sure there is a universal correct orientation since that will be dependent on the direction you want to lights to sequence or which fan is #1 and which is #6.

You will have two tools you can use to manipulate it. Obviously physically turning it is one. You also have the ability to change the LED #1 on each fan from within the Lighting Set-up Tab. That is an individual setting for each fan, so you can do the top three one way the bottom three another.

I would set it up from a wiring and air flow standpoint, then use the rotation tool if you don't like how it sequences. If you are looking at bottom 3 and top 3 set-up in an O11, you likely won't need to do anything.

• Like 1