Corsair Community

Trying to get my RGB Goodness going

Kobayashi Maru

Greetings! Last paragraph is my real problem, skip to that if this is too long.

This regards my first rig. Everything has gone smoothly up until my last task, RGB. I have a Lian Li Lancool 2 case. it came with three plain, black fans. The Lancool 2 has RGB strips in the front panel and a Lain Li Edge strip on the side, these plug together and go to the motherboard. Buttons on the panel control 8 modes, the last being the same as the motherboard controls, supposedly. I have Corsair AIO that came with two LL120 fans. I have purchased 1 additional LL120 and mounted it to the back of the case as an exit fan. The AIO is self contained, fans, pump, rgb all taken care of through connections at the pump. I also have a Commander Pro. So that explains my system.

The 4 case fans are plugged into the pro and there are two more fan connections for future use. There are four temp probes, I have them placed monitoring Incoming air temp, air temp in the basement where the Corsair PSU lives, exit temps at the radiator for my AIO, and the last monitoring exit temp at the back of the case. No real rhyme or reason. Just info I was curious about. The commander pro is doing a fine job of fan control and temp monitoring.

After I installed the Icue software, the case RGB, plugged into the motherboard shuts down. Also, the RGB on my AIO & AIO fans seems to flicker once in awhile, more so when effects speed was increased. My ASUS motherboard rgb is still functioning normally. The ICUE software sees my Corsair M70 Keyboard, M65 mouse, AIO, ASUS Motherboard, and the commander pro just fine and I can also control the settings.

I have a Commander Pro with two open RGB slots. These are three wire plugs. I have one Corsair LL120 RGB fan whose RGB I want to plug in. The fan sports a 4 wire RGB plug & the commander has a three wire plug. So I go back to Micro Center hoping for an adapter. Guy says, "You're Golden, it will plug right in!" I disagree but decided to check again because I'm a greenhorn and all. I'm right, plugs are different. I go back and guy #2 said to buy a Lighting Node and run it to the commander pro. They don't have any in stock. Plus, they are talking $70 so I can plug in one fan RGB plug. I'm hoping there's another way, especially with two empty ports on the Commander Pro.

I would appreciate any assistance you fine folks can provide. Thanks for reading.

Kobayashi Maru

Once you have that hub you're golden ^^ it will plug right in :)

Dude, that made me laugh out loud!!

I really appreciate the reply and information.

MicroCenter guys wanted me spending $75 for a Node, I just didn't think that was the right part.

I ordered directly from Corsair, $9.99 US and free shipping!

Everyone else, if they had it, was a minimum of $50, it's crazy.

It'll take a little longer coming from Corsair, but for just $10, that's fine by me.

Thanks again!

Kobayashi.

• 2 weeks later...

The RGB hub arrived today. Hooked it up and opened ICUE, everything reported as it should. Set the past LL120 fan at the back of my case to mimic the AIO settings and all is well. I could even add 2 more LL120 fans as I have all the open connection necessary between the RGB hub and the commander pro.

Thanks for the assist!

Kobayashi Maru