Corsair Community

Need help with Corsair Fans

technoob2020

I cannot seem to get my QL 120 fans to work. So i have 6 QL 120 fans + h100i AIO (2Fans). The AIO works perfectly fine, but the 6 QL120 only light up and do not spin. I have not yet connected the power cable for those 6 Fans because I do not know where to connect it on the motherboard (x570 Aorus elite wifi). If I try to connect it to the sys_fan port, then there's only 1 of them. I am not sure what port to use for all 6 of the power cables for QL120 Fans.

rAix5Ju.png

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

You could use splitters to power several fans from a single header but 6 fans on a single header is too much. Motherboard headers typically supply 1 amp maximum which would be enough for 3 fans, 4 if you push the enveloppe.

Your best bet is to get a powered PWM fan hub for 6 or more fans.

It is powered directly from the power supply with a SATA connector typically and connects to your SYS_FAN header to get the PWM signal and send it to all the fans connected.

here's one example but there are a lot of options if you search for PWM fan hubs :

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-FH-10-Integrated-Occupying-Motherboard/dp/B077YHLDSP/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=pwm+fan+hub&qid=1595070511&sr=8-4

Edit : forgot the obvious...

You can consider also the Commander pro, which has 6 fans headers, and RGB control for the fans since you already have a RGB hub i assume.

The advantage would be that you can set your fan speed through iCue

Edited by LeDoyen

That’s kind of a tough layout. There are two system/chassis headers, but one is top and the other clearly meant for the rear fan. Not sure what you are supposed to with the front. Gigabyte boards should let you use the OPT header independent from the CPU fan header and that means theoretically you have three headers and could split the 6 fans on 3 two-way PWM splitters. However, how natural that is likely depends on the case and the exact layout. Surely there are three on the front and you start to get into weird pairings. I think I would prefer a fan controller like the Commander. PWM hubs can work too, but since it seems likely these fans are for different sides of the case with different functions, you likely need multiple PWM hubs. In that situation I would prefer the 6 independent control headers on the Commander Pro.