Corsair Community

Should I buy the Corsair HS70?

EpicSurvivor

Looking to buy the Corsair HS70. I need a good wireless headset and A lot of good reviews say the HS70 is a great headset. I wanted to hear from personal experience if its worth getting. Also how good is sidetone on the HS70? I love being able to hear my self speak when I game that is a must.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

I have the HS70 Pro Wireless, and they are comfortable and sound fine.

Sidetone has to be set up in the iCue software, and it's buggy, it usually doesn't turn off when you turn the mic off via the button on the side.

If you set-up your sidetone preferences/volumes in iCue, then close iCue, it works fine - but you lose the auto-shutdown feature (which doesn't work for me, it keeps trying to shutdown while I'm listening to music or playing games.

So in short: I like mine a lot, the iCue software is buggy and horrible. (but needed to turn on sidetone)

I just bought these after my ARctis 7 wireless broke. Mainly due to reviews that claimed that it has great sound. Well, I'm not sure if my product is broken or something. But I can't really hear directions in game. The sound is decent when listening to music, but that's really it.

Can't play CSGO at all with this headset, and I've tried mixing with the equaliser and on/off on surround with no luck. The mic, should you care about it, isn't very good either. Overall I wouldn't recommened this headset over the Arctis 7, IMO. Also, random things also give you a quiet buzzing, for me it's when people talk in Teamspeak it's sort of like their mics are distorting, even though they are not. Same happens when I start CSGO for example, even though the volume of this noise is low.

Ok headset for it's price I suppose, but much worse than I expected.

I have the HS70 Pro Wireless, and they are comfortable and sound fine.

Sidetone has to be set up in the iCue software, and it's buggy, it usually doesn't turn off when you turn the mic off via the button on the side.

If you set-up your sidetone preferences/volumes in iCue, then close iCue, it works fine - but you lose the auto-shutdown feature (which doesn't work for me, it keeps trying to shutdown while I'm listening to music or playing games.

So in short: I like mine a lot, the iCue software is buggy and horrible. (but needed to turn on sidetone)

Thanks for the feedback.

I just bought these after my ARctis 7 wireless broke. Mainly due to reviews that claimed that it has great sound. Well, I'm not sure if my product is broken or something. But I can't really hear directions in game. The sound is decent when listening to music, but that's really it.

Can't play CSGO at all with this headset, and I've tried mixing with the equaliser and on/off on surround with no luck. The mic, should you care about it, isn't very good either. Overall I wouldn't recommened this headset over the Arctis 7, IMO. Also, random things also give you a quiet buzzing, for me it's when people talk in Teamspeak it's sort of like their mics are distorting, even though they are not. Same happens when I start CSGO for example, even though the volume of this noise is low.

Ok headset for it's price I suppose, but much worse than I expected.

See? I been reading a lot of comments talking about the Buzz/Hiss/Static thing and you are yet another person mentioning it. Just because of that I am not gonna buy them.

I just put in my order on Newegg for a new pair of Corsair Void Elite Wireless. Hoping they sound decent.