Corsair Community

Help with new corsair memory.

binnie

Okay I just bought 512mb pc2100 ddr266 stick and cannot get it to run at all have tried everything I know, i am running sdram pc100 and have the slots for DDR, I pull the sdram and insert DDR and computer will not boot nothing. black screen, put the sdram back in and computer boots, here is what I am running as far as cpu and motherboard:

AMD Athon xp 2400+ 2.0ghz w/266 FSB (no overclocking)

PC DDR 266 Systemboard (name at top of manual)

Socket A M810D Series motherboard this mother board has a Socket-462 processor socket, this mainboard integrates the SiS 740 Northbridge and SiS962/962L Southbridge chipsets support a DDR/SDRAM interface, ULTRA DMA 33/66/100/133 function.

any ideas? I have tried the cas latency but to no avail.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Brian,

All RMA's are just replaced with new modules as long as the modules received have no issues. And according to the RMA you gave your RMA was processes on the 27th so you should get the new module on Monday. You can email your RMA# to rma@corsairmemory.com and ask them for tracking info if you like.

Brian,

All RMA's are just replaced with new modules as long as the modules received have no issues. And according to the RMA you gave your RMA was processes on the 27th so you should get the new module on Monday. You can email your RMA# to rma@corsairmemory.com and ask them for tracking info if you like.

Nah, that's okay RG, I was just curious as to what was wrong with it if anything, I am patient, it isn't like I have memory dt's or something, thanks for all your help, all my memory will be Corsair, and it will be all I recommend also, have a great weekend.

Once again thanks!

Brian

Okay RG I got the new module this afternoon, still no luck! do not know much about MB's and such, I do know I cannot get it to reconize the ddr, also I cannot change the voltage or nothing else, it allows me to see it but not change it. and I do have the newest bios. I may just forget about the ddr and just buy some sdram, as My comp is more used as a surfer and home office type computer(no games)know anyone interested in a 512mb 266 stick? to trade for sdram? man am I bummed! Does anyone out there have a ECS K7SOM mb w/SiS 740 Chipset and have had this prob?

Brian

• Corsair Employees
Brian please try and reset the bios with just our modules installed and see if the system will post. And you cannot mix SDRAM and DDR memory in this system one or the other but not both.

Well, I found out what the prob was RG, my MB was the problem, when I reset the bios and rebooted it would do nothing, so I removed the ddr and reinserted the sdram and still nothing, no power zilch, The computer would not turn on for nothing, so I removed power cable from the MB and tested the power supply and it showed okay, the fan and all worked, but when power cable was connected to the MB nothing, so it looks like my MB was the problem after all. gonna go shopping for a new MB now. would like to thank all in the forum for all of your guy's help. will repost once I get the other computer up and running. thanks again.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Okay RG, I got my new MB, it is a Mach Speed v600DAP, VIA KT600+VIA VT8237/DDR400 Support AMD Socket A CPU/AGP 8X Onboard 6-CH Audio/8 USB 2.0/5 PCI Slots 1-CNR/ATA133/S-ATA/LAN. Running a Athlon xp 2400+ 2.0ghz CPU. I have the Corsair 512mb 266 in it and running a-1. Here's the glitch kinda, SISandra says my memory is running at 398 mhz. and sandra says to slow down the memory bus, so I am going to try and go into Bios and try to slow it down. I just fired this up so everything is new right now, will keep ya posted.

Brian

• Corsair Employees

Just install the modules in slots 1-3 and set the dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and then set the following settings and you should be good to go. But we will sometimes use faster memory for slower speed grades.

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Just install the modules in slots 1-3 and set the dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and then set the following settings and you should be good to go. But we will sometimes use faster memory for slower speed grades.

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

RG, is the Dim voltage the same as vdimm? that is the only thing I can find remotely simular, the vdimm is set at 2.5, I can change it to 2.7. also it is showing the memory running at 333mhz. thanks for your help!

Brian

• Corsair Employees

Yes that would be the same Dim or VDim or VDDR would all be the same thing.

And there should be a setting for the memory frequency or memory frequency ratio to set the memory speed. But if the system is stable at DDR333 you should be fine. However, AMD suggests running the memory at the same frequency as your CPU for best performance.

Yes that would be the same Dim or VDim or VDDR would all be the same thing.

And there should be a setting for the memory frequency or memory frequency ratio to set the memory speed. But if the system is stable at DDR333 you should be fine. However, AMD suggests running the memory at the same frequency as your CPU for best performance.

Upped the vdim to 2.7 everything been running smooth for 2 days, did not change anything but the vdim. still running at 333mhz on the memory. Have you ever heard of these MB's? It is a Mach Speed, and in the compatibility section you do not have it listed when I check for memory recommendation.

I am gonna leave it as is unless I have problems. thanks for your help RG, have a great Memorial Day Week-End.

Brian

• Corsair Employees

You to Brian and thanks for letting me know.

And Yes I have heard of Mach Seed MB's, but they are not very popular here in the US. But I will mention it to the person who maintains the configurator to get them added.

You to Brian and thanks for letting me know.

And Yes I have heard of Mach Seed MB's, but they are not very popular here in the US. But I will mention it to the person who maintains the configurator to get them added.

That would be great as the MB will handle 3 gig of memory and am wanting to upgrade. Did not know they were not popular here, I just knew I wanted to try a different MB than the asus and abit's as they seem to have a lot of quirks, at least from reading the forum here. I have not had any problems yet. I will check back frequently to see if it is up there yet. thanks again.

Brian

• Corsair Employees

KT600 chipset would be limited whit more than one module.

DDR400 with one and DDR333 with 2 modules and DDR266 with three.

And you would need to match the modules you have now or it may not post!

Archived