Corsair Community

Commander Pro when iCUE Not Running?

awyeah2

Hi - pretty new to the ecosystem here. I'm considering the commander pro for all my case fans. (I already have the fan RGB hub and lighting node pro).

When programming the lighting node pro, there's a section in iCUE where you define what you want the device to do when iCUE is not running, and that configuration is stored in the hardware. For example, I have mine set to change all my fans to a very dark blue, just so I know that they're not being controlled.

Does the commander pro have anything like this for fan speed? What happens to the fans on the commander pro when iCUE is not running? My concern is that they'd stop, leaving only the fans on my CPU cooler.

They do not stop. If you program your fan curves using the native temp sensors on the Commander, they will continue to operate at their specified settings. If you choose another control variable like GPU temp or motherboard temp that the device cannot access without the software, the fans will run at high speed until the sensor data is restored.

Just to nuance that, relative to other control variables, the control will keep working even if iCue is closed, as long as the corsair service is running.

Closing iCue does not stop this service, so fan control is maintained.

If you manually stop the service, then the CoPro will speed up.