Corsair Community

Corsair H150i pro XT high coolant temp??

xanduru

Hi i have noticed yesterday that coolant temp on my h150i pro xt is about 29c on idle that makes fans to run at 1700 rpm but shortly after i run game coolant temp goes up to 34c and fans spins at 2400 rpm. but when i first started using that cooler few weeks ago max rpm i could see on there was 1600 with coolant temp not going over 28c. is that becouse its summer and its warmer in the house? or its something wrong with that cooler?

got it fited on i7 6700k @4.2ghz with idle temp around 30-31

iceu.thumb.jpg.9cb675f8067859f9e8622d42f47c43e4.jpg

Hi, I just installed the Corsair H150i pro XT today, my idle temp reading through icue is 29c thats on the extreme profile, i do notice it stays lower while gaming and stress testing than my previous h100i 240mm. The one question i do have, i installed the pump to the cpu header, and not the aio pump header on the motherboard. Not sure if that makes a difference? what did you plug the pump into to?

i9 9900kf OC 5.0 all cores

xt.PNG.e23cd91bfda44faf58a003ffa0de05ca.PNG

Edited by Boost40oz

is that becouse its summer and its warmer in the house? or its something wrong with that cooler?

got it fited on i7 6700k @4.2ghz with idle temp around 30-31

Yes. +1C room temp = +1C coolant = +1C cpu temp. Every degree increase to the room is additive to everything in the case. The preset curves were designed around a standard 20-23C room temp. That can be a bit hard to maintain in hot months and Winter load values can be less than Summer idle. You’ll want to get off the Extreme preset. Most people have idle coolant temps +4-7C above the room temp. You can’t and don’t need to attack that value with high fan speed. It won’t help. Try one of the less aggressive curves or use the + to create your own curve. Use the shape tools in the upper right corner of the graph to duplicate the presets, then make adjustments.

i installed the pump to the cpu header, and not the aio pump header on the motherboard. Not sure if that makes a difference? what did you plug the pump into to?

It does not matter where you connect the lead to the MB. There is no power delivery and it only reports a pump speed. “AIO Pump” is an unnecessary creation that was a chassis header and now is set to 100% by default. Aside from that, it has no special properties. CPU fan is a better choice since it does not work well as a case fan controller and most people don’t have a cpu air cooler and an AIO water cooler in the same build.