Corsair Community

Help needed installing a Corsair H150i PRO XT into a Corsair Obsidian 500D

Hello there. I've bought a Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB case and a H150i RGB PRO XT cooler. My intention is to mount the cooler in the roof of the case, but I can't figure out how to assemble it...

In the roof of the case there is metallic plate which can be unscrewed, but I don't know if I have to screw the cooler to that plate (and in that case, the problem is that the screw holes don't fit), or if I have to remove the plate and directly screw the cooler to the roof of the case (in that case I don't know how to do it since it looks like I have to unmount the roof of the case itself and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this)...

As you can see, I'm totally lost here. This is the first time I build a PC with a cooler and I can't figure out the way to do it with this cooler and this case. Technically they are compatible... I feel like the dumbest person on Earth just asking this... Can someone help me please?

https://i.imgur.com/ctxRaCM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yehkEeP.jpg

Edited by cowabunga
Replaced embedded images for the links so they don't break the forum

Hi.

I have recently finished building my first PC and I also have Corsair H150i Pro XT in a 500D SE case.

I have installed it in front of the case. According to the specs of 500D SE case,

you can mount two fans either 120ml or 140 ml on top of the case, and that plate above is meant just for that (see the "TECH SPECS" section here).

I doubt that a 360mm radiator will nicely fit at the top of the case. Just measured mine with a ruler and it would definitely interfere with a rear and front fans,

there is less space on top. As far as I can see, mounting the 360mm radiators in the front is most common way.

In other words mounting a 360mm radiator in front is the best way with this 500D SE cases.

Just unscrew the front plate, then using the provided long fan screws (see the PDF manual)

attach the fans with the radiator to the plate and then install the plate with the radiator and fans back to the front of the case.

Here is picture of my build as an illustration:

20200625_035504.thumb.jpg.615fadaf5213a25c1bf1f9aac2f8ad01.jpg

Edited by informatik01

Hi.

I have recently finished building my first PC and I also have Corsair H150i Pro XT in a 500D SE case.

I have installed it in front of the case. According to the specs of 500D SE case,

you can mount two fans either 120ml or 140 ml on top of the case, and that plate above is meant just for that (see the "TECH SPECS" section here).

I doubt that a 360mm radiator will nicely fit at the top of the case. Just measured mine with a ruler and it would definitely interfere with a rear and front fans,

there is less space on top. As far as I can see, mounting the 360mm radiators in the front is most common way.

In other words mounting a 360mm radiator in front is the best way with this 500D SE cases.

Just unscrew the front plate, then using the provided long fan screws (see the PDF manual)

attach the fans with the radiator to the plate and then install the plate with the radiator and fans back to the front of the case.

Here is picture of my build as an illustration:

[ATTACH]38477[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't think about that... The problem is that I didn't realize that the front plate and the roof plate are different (to be honest I didn't even think about unmounting the front plate). I suppose you can swap them and use the front plate to mount the 3-fan kit at the top, but yeah, it will probably not leave much room for some motherboards.

Anyway, I've finally installed it in the front like you, with the RGB fans mounted on the radiator and the original H150i fans at the top. Again, thanks a lot for the tip! :biggrin:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
It seems best would be to have the tubes down if possible..

Not necessarily. As long as the pump is a bit lower than the upper side of the radiator - it is absolutely fine.

Watch this JayzTwoCents video where he comments on that Steve's (Gamers Nexus) video and explains why placing the radiator tubes up is also OK:

[ame=

]
[/ame]