Corsair Community

H60 not cooling

David GT

Hello,

I have just installed a new H60 cooling system (2018 with SATA) installed it as per manual, cleaning thermal paste before installation. The fan and pump start just fine. CPU fan speed shows between 4066 and 4166 RPM but the CPU temperature is way too high with average 70°C and peaks up to 100°C.

The pump is working, vibrating and led is on. I have verified it is tightly installed on the CPU.

Any idea what could be wrong with it?

I bought this one to replace my old one from 2015 which was lacking liquid (cooling well only when installed hoses down but I have to put the box upside down as no option to install the radiator and fan with hoses down), even upside down the new H60 does not cool better so it does not seem the same issue.

If you have a contact issue, you will see extreme variance in your CPU temps as the voltage rises and falls. It might almost look normal at quiet idle, but instantly hit extreme levels when any voltage is applied.

If the cooler has a flow or pump issue, then instead of instant changes you will see a slow but continual rise in CPU temp. It will creep upwards a degree every few seconds. Eventually, the baseline temperature of the CPU at idle becomes very high, although the change when loaded will not be as extreme as if there is poor contact.

The fresh thermal paste is coming pre-applied with the H60.

Indeed the temperature was fluctuating rapidly so I have unmounted the pump and realized the contact was not done properly, after cautious screwing the CPU is back to expected temperature levels