Corsair Community

iCUE possibly causing BSODs?

WarCot

First of all sorry if the formatting is all over the place. This is my first post here.

I have been getting some random BSODs while gaming since 21st of June and after a few days of troubleshooting it looks like iCUE was the problem. (CorsairGamingAudioConfig to be precise)

This 1 year old thread that i found describes my issues almost perfectly:

One thing that the reddit post either doesn't mention or its just an issue I'm having is that the pc crashes so hard that it doesn't even generate a minidump file. The only proof of what could be causing the crash comes from event viewer.

Haven't had a single BSOD after deleting iCUE completely but judging by what i can see on event viewer it could be possible that the conflicting programs are iCUE (CorsairGamingAudioConfig) and Razer Synapse (GameManagerService.exe)

I have tried downgrading iCUE and Razer Synapse but i still got a blue screen. (Deleting razer synapse and keeping icue doesn't help either.)

For the record here is a list of things i have tried:

-Clean install of windows

-Deleting synapse, keeping icue

-Deleting icue, keeping synapse (works but i need iCUE to control fans on my pc. I'd rather not go into bios every time to change the speed of the fans)

-Downgrading synapse and icue

-Deleting all razer and corsair drivers and installing one version older drivers

-Checking ssd and hdd for errors with HDTune

-Changing the directory for minidump files (still didn't generate any files)

-Using a system restore point

-Scanning system with malwarebytes

-CMD command "sfc /scannow" (found some corrupt files and fixed them, still got a bsod a few hours later)

-Disabling all antiviruses (currently only have windows defender)

-Checking temperatures of components with HWMonitor (could be a coincidence but ssd was 68 celsius right after turning the pc on after a blue screen. Could iCUE be overheating something somehow? Temperatures have never been that high before the 21st of June which was the date i have started getting blue screens)

I probably missed or forgot some stuff i have tried but i might have listed the most important ones.

The bluescreen errors have always been either CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

The problem here is that i need Razer Synapse for some keybinds and macros that are essential for me but i also need iCUE to control fans on my pc (and rgb but that really doesn't matter)

If anyone has a solution or a temporary workaround please do share. I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point.

PS: Sorry if anything here violates rule 9. I have tried to stay as neutral as possible.

• 9 months later...
First of all sorry if the formatting is all over the place. This is my first post here.

I have been getting some random BSODs while gaming since 21st of June and after a few days of troubleshooting it looks like iCUE was the problem. (CorsairGamingAudioConfig to be precise)

This 1 year old thread that i found describes my issues almost perfectly:

One thing that the reddit post either doesn't mention or its just an issue I'm having is that the pc crashes so hard that it doesn't even generate a minidump file. The only proof of what could be causing the crash comes from event viewer.

Haven't had a single BSOD after deleting iCUE completely but judging by what i can see on event viewer it could be possible that the conflicting programs are iCUE (CorsairGamingAudioConfig) and Razer Synapse (GameManagerService.exe)

I have tried downgrading iCUE and Razer Synapse but i still got a blue screen. (Deleting razer synapse and keeping icue doesn't help either.)

For the record here is a list of things i have tried:

-Clean install of windows

-Deleting synapse, keeping icue

-Deleting icue, keeping synapse (works but i need iCUE to control fans on my pc. I'd rather not go into bios every time to change the speed of the fans)

-Downgrading synapse and icue

-Deleting all razer and corsair drivers and installing one version older drivers

-Checking ssd and hdd for errors with HDTune

-Changing the directory for minidump files (still didn't generate any files)

-Using a system restore point

-Scanning system with malwarebytes

-CMD command "sfc /scannow" (found some corrupt files and fixed them, still got a bsod a few hours later)

-Disabling all antiviruses (currently only have windows defender)

-Checking temperatures of components with HWMonitor (could be a coincidence but ssd was 68 celsius right after turning the pc on after a blue screen. Could iCUE be overheating something somehow? Temperatures have never been that high before the 21st of June which was the date i have started getting blue screens)

I probably missed or forgot some stuff i have tried but i might have listed the most important ones.

The bluescreen errors have always been either CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

The problem here is that i need Razer Synapse for some keybinds and macros that are essential for me but i also need iCUE to control fans on my pc (and rgb but that really doesn't matter)

If anyone has a solution or a temporary workaround please do share. I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point.

PS: Sorry if anything here violates rule 9. I have tried to stay as neutral as possible.

Hey did you ever find a solution i seem to have some conflicting software issues myself and wondering how to fix it