Corsair Community

Need a little bit of help with fans and connections to the lighting node pro

Chirpa

I have bought the Corsair 680x case, which came with three LL120s and the lighting node pro. I then have another set of three of these fans, and a h100i platinum, which comes with two more, making eight fans in total. This means I've got two lightning node pros. So, if I plug in the six LL fans into one fan hub, and then the two fans on the cooler into another, and then plug them both into a lighting node pro, what do I then do with the other cables on the fans? There is two cables on each fan, and seemingly the other cable goes into the motherboard for power, however apparently mot motherboards only have one three pin connector, when I would need 8 to connect all the fans. Does this mean I need to buy a commander pro? Thank you in advance.

All Corsair fans have 2 wires -- one for fan power/speed control and the other to carry the lighting current. It is that last one that can be the heavy load and thus two different power sources are needed.

LL fans are 4 pin PWM. They will connect to any modern motherboard for control. You likely will need PWM splitters or any other standard means of controlling more than 1 fan per header.

The Platinum coolers have their own lighting and speed controllers. The 2 included ML/LL fans will be powered and get their lighting from those connectors. That leaves only 6 for the remaining controller.

The Commander Pro is both a fan controller and lighting controller for two channels. If you want to control the speed of the 6 case fans through iCUE, you will need this. The 2 on the radiator will be controllable through the software.

See also Zotty's guide below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880