Corsair Community

Commander pro with Noctua fans

Titchhull

Hello guys and girls I have 4 Noctua fans 3 will work all the time the 4th has to be disabled and set to auto to spin once I’ve logged into windows once the icue software re detects the fan it stops spinning to the point now I have 3 fans plugged in and one on the motherboard header can’t seem to work it out cause I have 5 fans I want to run on the commander pro

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6db2f7e5c83d8fd65ba43e0c9bbf4069.jpg

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.40c8756d663d6bd63e49ca3c99a3196f.jpg

Untitled3.thumb.png.43165a76dbed0ce5ae719f0bb2ea18b8.png

Edited by Titchhull

Sorry am using the Noctua NF-A14 they all work then one stops once I’ve logged into windows not sure if I need to purchase the Noctua braided fan extender cables because am unsure if the Corsair commander pro works have having issues

Regular NF-A14 PWM fans should work. Sometimes the auto detect gets stuck. If you are using PWM, manually change the setting from Auto to 4 pin.

The A14 Industrial versions are more problematic. There are of course NF-A14 3 pin DC models as well, but the normal reaction would be max speed and not 0 rpm if was misread.

You also can try moving the stuck fan onto a 2 way PWM splitter with one of the others as a temporary solution.

*You probably don't need to be running Link. Unless you are using one of two or three legacy devices, iCUE will override Link's controls for everything. Meanwhile you double up on the monitoring overhead.

Am unsure if it’s the extension cable because am not using the extension cable that was giving me issue so 1-5 work I might purchase the Noctua fan extension cables and see if that works it’s weird how if I disabled it and turned it to auto it worked until the fan was detected by icue software then stopped working

I’ll give it a go with a splitter see if it works because it’s weird how the fan in question works on boot up then I login to windows then stops spinning not sure if am somehow maxing the wattage on the unit but I’ll give it a shot with the splitter see if that works tonight thank you

Normal behavior for the controller is to apply a 12v blast on Auto to make sure start voltage is exceeded. If you set it to 4 pin, it should apply the 12v but keep the RPM at the designated level. Do your fans blast for a second at boot or start up quietly?

Get off the Balanced/Quiet/Extreme presets. They will run from cpu temp as the only guaranteed system value, but it makes for unnecessary and erratic speed speed changes with no connection to fan function. GPU temp is a quick and easily understood variable. Either way, Performance Tab + to create a new curve. The fixed RPM and % controls are there as well and that may be more helpful for testing response.

I am still not sure on your physical situation. I am assuming these are are all brown & latte colored A14 PWM fans. If fan 2 does not run, what happens when you swap it with fan 1?

To be honest when I swap it over to fan one that stops but am

Unsure if it’s the Corsair extender cable that’s dodgy because am not using it and have 3 x680 case fans onit and one rear then 3 Noctua fans running

On another note the full speed on start up then slow down until I login to windows then the said fan on number 2 stops shame I can supply you with a video it would make it easier for you to see