Corsair Community

H150i rgb pro XT buildin PWM header problem

provnday

I recently bought one but after a few days of use i noticed that the PWM fans header from the pump is really problem

my fans run at 1900rpm in quited mode, 2400rpm(max) in balanced mode. The only thing can be controlled properly is the pump itself. 3 fans so noisy because of it's at max speed

When i try to swap the stock ML with my LL pack, the header almost kill 1 of my fans, cause it to run at extremly 4500RPM :eek: to the point the fans itself starting to "crick crick" noise

After that i use my fan spliter then plug to the CPU_Fan header it now work fine

I just want to know this is a firmware problem or hardware problem

Thanks you

The fans on the XT controller will adjust fan speed based on coolant temperature. If the coolant temperature (H150i XT Temp) is close to 40C, all of the presets will give you high speeds. However, it would be abnormal to see that at the desktop unless you have very high room temperature.

Your LL fan can’t run 4500 rpm no matter what signal the XT controller sends its way. Neither can the ML fans. This normally suggests some type of software conflict with another program and may also explain the higher than expected fan speeds above. Are you running Aida or HWiNFO or something similar at the same time?