Corsair Community

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum

Bigtond

Hey there I just received my Corsair H100i RGB Platinum today, I was doing a test fit in my case and plugged in all the cables, however one cable from the block/pump that plugs into the (for rgb connection?) ML fans was stuck somewhat and I had to use some force. Now I think I may have broken it, there is 4 pins on the other one and I believe one pin came out on this one and there's 3 instead of four. I have a pic of it here, sorry for the blurry quality I could not get my camera to focus. Did I totally mess something up royally? If I did is there a workaround, I have the 570x case with the rgb hub and am purchasing a commander pro. To my understanding that is for the rgb with the H100I however I don't need to connect it like that if it's going into my RGB hub on my case?

1313726068_brokenconnector.thumb.jpg.e85071929cc224b7c23068d24f2bfb45.jpg

963537878_broken2.thumb.jpg.6ffd4b8da8da5bf1d5ec9364f139d83e.jpg

Edited by Bigtond

Looks like we're up to the same thing today! I took a look at those connectors since I didn't use them (routed fans to commander pro like you plan on doing) and one set has two 4 pin and the other has a 3 and 4 pin connector. As for the radiator fan RGB, it will route to your RGB Fan LED Hub included in the 570x case. You can then connect the USB header to the commander pro. Hope this helps!

I wanted to correct myself since I was enlightened by one of c-attack's posts. You can plug the fans into the commander pro but the explanation below gives reason to plug them into the cooler.

As mentioned above, you really don't need to power those fans from the Commander Pro instead of the cooler unless they are 3 pin DC motors. There is no inherent advantage. There is one disadvantage. When using the cooler's internal fan controller, it will keep the fans going at your preferred settings with or without the software. That includes the boot cycle. If you run them from the C-Pro and set the control variable to coolant temp, the C-Pro will lose contact with that data any time the software is not running. You will get a max fan blast at boot.

• Confused 1

I wanted to correct myself since I was enlightened by one of c-attack's posts. You can plug the fans into the commander pro but the explanation below gives reason to plug them into the cooler.

As mentioned above, you really don't need to power those fans from the Commander Pro instead of the cooler unless they are 3 pin DC motors. There is no inherent advantage. There is one disadvantage. When using the cooler's internal fan controller, it will keep the fans going at your preferred settings with or without the software. That includes the boot cycle. If you run them from the C-Pro and set the control variable to coolant temp, the C-Pro will lose contact with that data any time the software is not running. You will get a max fan blast at boot.

That makes sense, I was also enlightened by c-attack that I didn't break a pin and that is normal for there to be a 3 and a 4 pin. 4 pin on the master and 3 on the others, so that was a relief lol!