Corsair Community

I got disapointed by Corsair (i'm sad)

Mark Rutzu

Sorry for the title i didn't know what to say exactly but the thing is i bought the Corsair rgb fan hub but i got a bad surprise the hub didn't came with the cable that was supposed to link the hub to the usb header of the motherboard but just the sata one.

1st i don't understand the point of selling a hub with no possibility to instal it to the computer and not telling the customer he needs a cable to make it work.

2nd i can't find that cable anywhere, it looks like a 3 pin connector and Corsair doesn't sell this cable s i'm stuck with a hub which doesn't work until i can find this cable. I waited 3 weeks to get this hub and i'll have to wait 1 more if i manage to find that cable

Does someone knows wher i can find it ?

The hub doesn't connect to the motherboard but to a lighting node pro, or a commander pro. These devices are the ones with the brains to manage the fan RGB. The fan hub is.. just a lighting hub.

But i agree.. when you first get into it, it's completely unclear unless you ask people or come look in the forums. the product boxes won't teach you naything on how that ecosystem works at all.

... Whichs brings us to Zotty's excellent guide to Corsair bits and bobs, which should clarify how the whole thing connects together :

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=938039&postcount=6