Corsair Community

H100i v2 'Balanced' profile sound

tweakoli

Hi,

I have a curious buzzing/clicking sound, almost like a HDD searching for data. This seems to only occur on the balanced fan profile in iCue 3.29.110.

Balanced seems to sit between 1440-1650 RPM

If I try quiet or Extreme the sound disappears.

I've created a custom profile and if the fans go into the same RPM range as the balanced profile the sound appears.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

If you recently bought the cooler its normal to have some bubbles inside the pump and they make the sound. I had the same issue and it solved itself after few days of running. You can try to tilt the case to sides and back and foward and it may dissapear because the bubbles leave the pump.

It unusual for a fan problem to exist only in a middle speed. If there is some type of contact or a bearing issue, the sound will only get worse as the speed increases. It is possible for a fan motor to tick, but it would clearly change with fan speed up or down and be present at most all speeds to some degree.

Clicking or static pops is also a common phrase used to describe pump bubble noise. This can happen to any AIO, but it would be a bit odd to exist only at the middle speed.

Assuming fans, can you narrow it down to one specific fan?