Corsair Community

H100i AIO Fan Speeds different from one another?

platysaur

Is it common for fans to have different RPMs, like 20 RPM apart or so? The fans on my H100i AIO usually stay around 15 RPM apart or so but can teeter a bit lower. I think the difference of 30 RPM is about as high as it goes, but for some reason I have this notion that they're supposed to be the same. Here's what it looks like. Is everything normal, and am I just stressing over nothing like usual? I also ask because simply I don't know what is within the norm.

image.png.21481b24d491b66c0f7600c52844646c.png

They will always be different. iCUE or any other program is polling every 1-2 seconds. It takes some kind of fractional rotation value and multiplies it out by 30 or 60. It's making an estimation for the next 1-2 seconds, not giving you a true speed assessment over time. This is even more obvious on the pump with the value rounded prior to multiplication. You can see it move in very clear +-30 rpm chunks. There is no difference in fan performance at these levels. Edited by c-attack

They will always be different. iCUE or any other program is polling every 1-2 seconds. It takes some kind of fractional rotation value and multiplies it out by 30 or 60. It'a making an estimation for the next 1-2 seconds, not giving you a true speed assessment over time. This is even more obvious on the pump with the value rounded prior to multiplication. You can see it move in very clear +-30 rpm chunks. There is no difference in fan performance at these levels.

Thank you for the clarification! I really appreciate it.