Corsair Community

H100i V2 - Fan's making a deep irritating noise

wim-bart

I have a H100i V2. And the two fan's supplied with it make a terrible noise. Like a continue 100Hz pulsating sound. Like up, down, up, down and it is really irritating. When I shutdown my system the fan's spin down and then when they are almost spin down I hear a rattle snake sound, like the fan's are obstructed or so, or some ball bearings are noisy.

I have them in my Crystal 460X RGB at top, blowing air out. For now I just unplugged them because I hear them also through my headset and makes me unable to game.

My Rad is in front (upper 2 fans) and the SP120 RGB's are controlled by my Motherboard (works fine, temps of my 3900X are good).

First, what is the warranty of the fans?

Second, from an esthetic point of view, I want to put 2 times a LS120 RGB in top of my case, matching the other 4 SP120 fan's. But the issue is, I cannot order them. I just want 2 of them. Why I want those, otherwise I have to replace all other 4 because they are controlled with my lightning node Pro (having 4 strips on that and 4 fan's).

But somehow, I cannot find these fan's anywhere.

I don't know. I never liked the SP120L or SP140L fans that came with the GTX/v2 coolers. I usually describe them as coarse, which might be kind. Unless you have one fan physically banging or rattling around, the replacement would not be any different.

However, switching to LL120s (?) or ML120s would certainly change the tune. The LL's are pretty soft, but of course they don't move a ton of air through a radiator.

Unfortunately, no matter which other Corsair RGB fan you choose, it won't be able to co-exist with the SP-RGB on the front of the case. Those were an early release model and different from all the rest. You can't combine them with other fan types. You would need another lighting controller and RGB Lighting hub for ML-RGB or LL.

There is a compromise position that might be more interesting. Take a look at the QL series. It is effectively a double sided LL, but is also a definite upgrade in some areas. Better looking, side lighting, extra lighting effects. Besides that, it also offers you another solution. The QL come with the Lighting Node Core. This is a RGB Hub and Node Pro just for 6 fans in one small box. However, it connects back to the system via USB 2. No extra RGB channel needed on the lighting node pro you have. You get it with the multi-pack and could replace the top 2 and 1 rear 120s. Those go into the Core. Core directly into the MB. Strips and 3 SP-RGB stay exactly as they are. Quieter and better looking fans, minimum possible wiring. You could do the same with a LL120 triple pack (LNP+HUB), but it's hard to recommend the LL over the QL for just a bit more.