Corsair Community

new purchase Space bar is dreadful - bad design?

kosch

Received my new K95 RGB Platinum and the space bar is terrible. Unless you hit it in the middle it doesnt type and then if you hit either side it comes lose.

Made a video to show the issue. Anyone else have this?

[ame]

[/ame]

Looks like a defective unit or maybe the package was dropped really hard at some point during shipping.

They are all like that, the spacebar is attached only in the center. Bad design. The author needs to press in the center so that the button fits into place. Will drop out regularly. I don’t know if they fixed it in XT version of keyboard.

I have another £35 mechanical keyboard (AFX) that my wife uses and some how it manages not to have this problem despite being £150 cheaper. Searching other forums this seems to be a constant complaint about the space bar.

Its very hard when playing games especially Destiny 2 and it suddenly comes lose. I would not have expected this from their premium brand.

Why is Corsair not addressing this poor design?

They are all like that, the spacebar is attached only in the center. Bad design. The author needs to press in the center so that the button fits into place. Will drop out regularly. I don’t know if they fixed it in XT version of keyboard.

I don't think so.. I too had a K95 Platinum for over 2 years and the spacebar never did this. And now on my K68 RGB same thing.. the spacebar is perfectly fine. To me it looks like the stabilizers on the author's keyboard are defective.

Can confirm that my K95P doesn't do this. The spacebar has zero tilt no matter where I press it. I had my first one for 18 months before a warranty replacement, and this one's six months old, also with no spacebar problems.

• 2 weeks later...
To me it looks like the stabilizers on the author's keyboard are defective.

Ran into the issue on my K95P, the plastic on the spacebar cap where oval instead of round, weak mold issue.

I did fill an RMA and a new cap has been on it's way for... 2 months now, guess it will never arrive.

Regardless, got PBT caps now with a silicon dampener added on each, had to push really hard to mount them, never going to remove them since a removal can break the stabilizers, that is how well those sit besides that they won't wear out like the painted keycaps.

K95 keycaps go to my old K70, since the paint on it's keycaps started to peel off.

Once my keyboard dies I will get something top notch quality from another brand which includes PBT caps, proper rollover but probably skipping the RGB part.

Edited by Mineria