Corsair Community

TwinX3200XL And Chaintech ZFN3-250

Sheenaan

Hi to all! :p:

I've looked through the forums for an answer, but I didn't find it.

Soooo...

I've got a Chaintech ZFN3-250 MoBo, a 3400+ Athlon (socket 754), 1 Gb of Corsair TwinX3200XL, 2 36Gb WD Raptors (Raid 0) a 160 Gb Maxtor, a 200 Gb Maxtor, a SBLive! and a 6800 Gt.

All of this is backed up by a 485W Enermax Noisetaker EG495 AX.

Well first of all I had to set command rate to 2T (but I have to admit that i don't know if there is out in the wild a ramchip capable of working at 1T) to avoid lock-ups even before entering the bios.

Then :[pouts: Sniff i had to set timings to 2.5-3-3-6. I had to choose between being able to format and run a win 2k installation and Corsair recommendend specifications :[pouts:

I properly setted voltages to 2.8 But the situation didn't change to any less awkward.

The funny part is that a friend of mine has the same MoBo, Cpu, and ram (we inspected sn both are cmx512) and he could run it with 1T 2-2-2-5. Memtest was ok for an entire afternoon and varius inspecting procrams confrimed those aggressive settings. :eek:

I didn't run a Memtest yet. I only have installe d Win2k (successfully) and i'm running to my books because tomorrow i have an exam and for some strange reason I will not go very prepared :D: . I'd like to know a very brief technical explanation about 1T/2T timings and what can i do about those timings.

Last but not least important. I didn't tried any overclock/overvoltage (yet :p: ) So all other bios voltage/clock settings are at default value.

Hoping to hear someone of you soon

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed in your MB and load optimized/optimal default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

Advanced Chipset Features

HT Frequency: 4X or 800MHz (Please make sure that it is set to either or)

Frequency/Voltage Control:

DRAM Timing Setting by: Manual/User Define

Memclock Mode: Manual (400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

1T/2T Memory Timing: 1T

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Chipset Voltage: Set it to the next available setting.

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

LOL RamGuy :laughing:

With 1T it fails to initialize raid so it never completes post :D:

And with 2T 2-2-2-5 Win2k refuses to start creating a blue pages full of nasty errors. :eek:

I'm right now doing Memtest. I expect to see a lot of silly things :p:

By the way that friend of mine got here the suggestion to overvolt to 2.8 because chaintec has only 2.7/2.8/2.9 settings.

Chipset is now set to 1.7v (if i'm not wrong becauze i'm posting from another PC) and HT is and was x4.

Stay tuned for more sad news :[pouts:

I tested the rams with your recommended settings and memtest showed 15k errors on a stick.

I think it's time for a RMA because the shop which sold them said it could do nothing about it...

Soooo I'm going to wave goodbye to my sticks and wait for a new pair.

Any advice abuot the correct procedure for a RMA? Or should I have to look into Corsair database?

(By the way)If it is possible how do I get a refund from corsair for my expedition costs?

• Corsair Employees
Unfortunately we can/do not do refund, you will have to go back to the place where you bought it from to do this; however we will be more than happy to replace your memory module/s. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived