Corsair Community

Quiet mode still 2100 RPM

sti727

Hey Guys,

So my H100i water cooler fans decided to do 1700-2100RPM at quiet mode while im idle. I ONLY WATCH YOUTUBE. I dont mind the RPM when im gaminng, but its annoying to hear them while watching something.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or can you guys show me the ideal way to make my own curve for fan % in iCue

Thanks

Here is a picture of it: https://imgur.com/a/bqlFfb6

It's possible the fans have ramped up aggressively as you near the 40C 'safety threshold' programmed into many of the curves. However, it's a somewhat relative measure. 40C coolant in a 18C room is cause for alarm. 40C coolant in a 28C room is pretty much guaranteed any time you see load.

Go to the Performance Tab and select the + to create a new "cooling mode". First, select fixed PWM % and see if the fans respond at all. If not, we'll need a new approach. Assuming they do, see if you have the three shape select tools in the upper right corner of the graph. Select the left one. This closely approximates the "Quiet curve", but now the points are movable. This lets you offset them all to match your normal resting temp. The base preset curves are all assuming a 20-23C room temp. If you are over that or just have a hot case, try bumping every point by 5C or what you want. As long as the fans keep moving, the danger of overheating is very low.

It's possible the fans have ramped up aggressively as you near the 40C 'safety threshold' programmed into many of the curves. However, it's a somewhat relative measure. 40C coolant in a 18C room is cause for alarm. 40C coolant in a 28C room is pretty much guaranteed any time you see load.

Go to the Performance Tab and select the + to create a new "cooling mode". First, select fixed PWM % and see if the fans respond at all. If not, we'll need a new approach. Assuming they do, see if you have the three shape select tools in the upper right corner of the graph. Select the left one. This closely approximates the "Quiet curve", but now the points are movable. This lets you offset them all to match your normal resting temp. The base preset curves are all assuming a 20-23C room temp. If you are over that or just have a hot case, try bumping every point by 5C or what you want. As long as the fans keep moving, the danger of overheating is very low.

I am so sorry for this long reply and thanks for your time. I hope you get to read it. TIA

My room temp is usually 25 C (Cuz it is pretty hot in the country atm) and all my parts are running these temps at idle: https://imgur.com/a/1RupQRX (The fan saying 4k RPM is not my watercooler fan. I actually donnt know which fan it is, but I cant hear.)

So the parts are around 30-35 C in a 25 C room, but my watercooler fans are still going nuts with the 2k RPM.

I dont see this fixed PWM %. I only have: https://imgur.com/a/975PJHT but I tried to take them to 40% and 100%. They responded to it and could see the difference :)

I then tried the custom curve, where I chose this premade graph which was called quiet (Marked with red ring on picture) https://imgur.com/a/mk4L45i but the low RPM was near 20 C, so I tried to change it to match my pc temps a bit more. Do you have any suggestions to changes? What should I set the sensor part to? I am so new to computers, omg

Sensor should be “H100i Platinum Temp”. This coolant temperature and it will range from a minimum equal to room temperature up to +15-17C above that. Most people will see an idle temp +4-7C above the room temp and loads temp of +6-10C depending on cpu wattage, etc.

Your coolant temp makes sense for your environment. There is nothing wrong, but you will want to relax the fans a bit. When the case internal temp is 30C, then that is as low as you go. No amount of fan speed will reduce that.

The fans appear to be responsive, so I think this was the normal temp response on the standard presets. You don’t have to use them. Best results are always going to be the curve designed for your system.

Just don't try using a custom curve, the icue software gets stuff reporting the same value and not updating itself (for example it thinks your temp is 40 degrees when it is actually been 80 for the last 10 minutes)l this can cause your CPU to overheat. icue is still broken for custom fan speed curves.

Just don't try using a custom curve, the icue software gets stuff reporting the same value and not updating itself (for example it thinks your temp is 40 degrees when it is actually been 80 for the last 10 minutes)l this can cause your CPU to overheat. icue is still broken for custom fan speed curves.

I am using a custom curve right now and I have corsair link open as well.

I've spotted that my max temp is 55 C on my graphiccard and processor even when gaming.

But what should I do instead of custom curve?

Sensor should be “H100i Platinum Temp”. This coolant temperature and it will range from a minimum equal to room temperature up to +15-17C above that. Most people will see an idle temp +4-7C above the room temp and loads temp of +6-10C depending on cpu wattage, etc.

Your coolant temp makes sense for your environment. There is nothing wrong, but you will want to relax the fans a bit. When the case internal temp is 30C, then that is as low as you go. No amount of fan speed will reduce that.

The fans appear to be responsive, so I think this was the normal temp response on the standard presets. You don’t have to use them. Best results are always going to be the curve designed for your system.

Okay, thank you so much. I just set the fan speed at 30C down to 20%

This user is confused and doesn't understand the difference between coolant and CPU temp. There is nothing wrong with the custom curves.

I am using a custom curve right now and I have corsair link open as well.

I forgot about this -- you don't need to run Link. iCUE replaced it and it should prevent you from using Link to change anything while iCUE is installed. The only people that need Link are those with 5-6 year old legacy devices. However, if you just have something like a previous generation AIO or i-PSU, you can use Link and get rid of iCUE. iCUE is a big step up for fan lighting and combines peripherals and internal devices into the same programs, but if you don't have Corsair peripherals or a new RGB fans, you may not need to larger overhead. From your device list you could use Link, but it was end of life 2 years ago and you may want to get used to current interface.

This user is confused and doesn't understand the difference between coolant and CPU temp. There is nothing wrong with the custom curves.

I forgot about this -- you don't need to run Link. iCUE replaced it and it should prevent you from using Link to change anything while iCUE is installed. The only people that need Link are those with 5-6 year old legacy devices. However, if you just have something like a previous generation AIO or i-PSU, you can use Link and get rid of iCUE. iCUE is a big step up for fan lighting and combines peripherals and internal devices into the same programs, but if you don't have Corsair peripherals or a new RGB fans, you may not need to larger overhead. From your device list you could use Link, but it was end of life 2 years ago and you may want to get used to current interface.

I only use link to see the temps of all my CPU cores and the temp of my GPU.

I tried to set the custom curve up to my graphiccard, because the fans on my watercooler are also my intake fans, so I thought it would be a good idea to up the intake when my GPU starts to get hot