Corsair Community

Which ASUS application should I use

Aliti_308

Hi guys,

Excuse my ignorance but I just wanted to clarify which ASUS application I should be using to have iCue and my ASUS RGB working together? More particularly, just need to know if the latest ASUS AURA SYNC is fine to use just for the ASUS RGB?

Previously, I was using Armoury Crate but found this to be limited when compared to Asus Aura Sync which allows me to individually set different RGB settings for each LED on my G Skill RAM sticks. Both Armoury Crate and AURA SYNC were talking to iCue to manage RGB but I'm just not clear on which to use.

I have since uninstalled Armoury Crate and gone back to Asus Aura Sync how ever I have a feeling Aura Sync version 1.07.79 which I have just installed is old and perhaps the final version? Is this correct?

What ASUS app should I use to get the best out of my RGB? I tried ASUS Aura creator as well but I did not like it at all.

Thoughts?

Edited by Aliti_308

I don't understand why Asus downgraded the controls in Armory Crate either. Aura is likely what you want and 107.79 is only a few months old. Unclear if Asus will continue to issue Aura stand-alone releases, but thus far they have.

There is a separate section for MB integration linked below where you might more details. In iCUE, make sure "enable plugins" is checked from the Setting menu. DO NOT open Aura. The motherboard should appear in iCUE. You will be able to control MB RGB and 12v headers. You cannot control 5v D-RGB headers. However, I have doubts this is going to apply to your Gskill RAM. There is a good chance you will need to be in Aura to manage that. If that's the case, you need to uncheck the plugins box and will want to use Aura and iCUE as separate applications.

Asus Motherboard Integration Forum

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=311

Thanks. I’ll check that link tomorrow.

I tend to have my RGB switched off when the apps are not working in the background and/or when the PC is off/asleep. My G skill RAM RGB stays on when the PC is asleep so I make sure to turn off Aura sync before hand. My RGB lighting is called on demand rather than simply leaving it all turned on.

I configure my RAM RGB using Aura sync and then simply leave Aura sync in the on position but close the app. All the RGB which can be controlled with Aura sync is set to black i.e set to off, apart from the RAM. Aura application is then closed and iCue is then turned on which triggers the rest of my RGB. This works perfectly.

If I could have the RAM RGB turn off when the PC sleeps or is turned off whilst Aura async is left in the “on” position that would save me having to turn it off each time.

BIOS has it set to have RGB off when the PC is off or hibernating so not sure if bug or I missed a setting.

Edited by Aliti_308