Corsair Community

9x HD120 Setup Help

clarus99

Going to do a pc build soon, components listed on my system specs.

I want to install 9 corsair hd 120mm fans alongside my corsair h150i rgb pro xt.

Heres what I'm trying to accomplish:

-Have fans all synced up with each other (rgb wise)

-aio fans change speed based on cpu temps (maybe all fans)

-sync fans with lightning node pro rgb strips

Is there a diagram that can help me with this

Yes, the RGB FAQ has plenty of diagrams. Nothing, perhaps, exact but several that are close. You'll need 2 fan hubs and 2 channels ... so you'll need a 2nd LNP.

As for the fans, it is not ideal or desirable to have them controlled by CPU temperature. Take a look in the AIO FAQ (linked in my sig) for more details.

Yes, the RGB FAQ has plenty of diagrams. Nothing, perhaps, exact but several that are close. You'll need 2 fan hubs and 2 channels ... so you'll need a 2nd LNP.

As for the fans, it is not ideal or desirable to have them controlled by CPU temperature. Take a look in the AIO FAQ (linked in my sig) for more details.

Thanks for the help, so if I control fan speeds with aio liquid temperature, is there a special connector on the motherboard I need to see the liquid temperature or will it just show up when everything is connected?

Also I found this diagram from Corsair Zotty, will this work?

https://imgur.com/dMbVSoz

I don't know what the USB cable from commander pro to usb is though (maybe its supposed to be commander pro to usb on motherboard?)

Thanks for the help, so if I control fan speeds with aio liquid temperature, is there a special connector on the motherboard I need to see the liquid temperature or will it just show up when everything is connected?

Also I found this diagram from Corsair Zotty, will this work?

https://imgur.com/dMbVSoz

I don't know what the USB cable from commander pro to usb is though (maybe its supposed to be commander pro to usb on motherboard?)

That would work buddy.....

and its just plain old Zotty ;) User just like your self :)

That would work buddy.....

and its just plain old Zotty ;) User just like your self :)

Thanks for your help Zotty haha. One quick question though, why is the commander pro wired to the PSU? I don't recall there being a usb on the PSU.

if its a Corsair 'i' Series PSU RM1000i/HX1000i as examples... then yeah they have a data connection and some indeed do have a mini USB socket.

gives you info in iCUE such as

http://i.imgur.com/XIflDFhl.png

Got it, but one last question, I promise lol.

I'm going to be buying 9 HD 120's but the H150i PRO RGB XT comes with 3 high static pressure ML fans (non rgb), would I be able to make use of these in a push pull configuration while keeping all the HD120's synced?

yeah you would be able to make matching fan curves in iCUE :)

How would the fans be connected? I'm assuming that the would connect to the motheboard even though they're for the AIO because they can be controlled with software?

on the commander pro... 6 on the pro.. 3 on the aio

I aplogize, I don't think my intentions are clear. I want to have 9 HD120's connected, 3 will be on the AIO and the other 6 on the commander pro. The AIO comes with 3 ML fans on top of this so I will have 12 fans I want to connect, but I don't know where I will connect the 3 ML fans