Corsair Community

Icue Software showing 0 RPM on one corsair fan

Homesliicee

Hi there,

Totally new to this.

Recently built a pc. I believe every cable is in the right place since everything including all 6 fans are spinning and rgb lights are working.

One issue I have is in the icue software. See photo attached. I dont understand why it's only showing 2 fans when I have 6 attached and why fan #2 is showing 0 RPM. Icue software is up to date. I read online that it could be in the bios but that's another issue. I am unable to enter bios even clicking recommended keys on startup. I believe All headers are taken by fans and cooler but only one is attached to the back connectors in the back.

I apologize if i'm not clear. I also have my pc specs in my info if that helps.

Thank you in advance

2121049389_IMG_65531417.thumb.JPG.dfff8675759f14a0d217c43cabdf97c1.JPG

Edited by Homesliicee
Picture not showing

I had a very similar issue where one of my fans on my commander pro wasn't adjusting RPM, though in my case it was stuck at ~900rpm. It is possible that your tach probe in the fan isn't working or isn't connected well, but in case it *is* just a software issue, my problem was fixed by force-updating the firmware on the commander pro via cue, even though it was reporting that it was already on the latest version. Your AIO may need a similar push, so can you try doing a force-update in the settings for that device?

You are showing us the cooler tab in iCUE. Hopefully there are not 6 fans on that :) All I can tell from your picture is you likely have a Platinum or XT 240 or 280mm cooler. As for the second fan reading zero, unplug it from the splitter off the pump and re-connect. Sometimes it gets a bad read. If no change, swap the two fans 1<->2 on pump splitter. See if the "zero fan" moves to fan #1 or stays on fan #2. This should help identify if the issue is with the fan or the splitter. I am assuming the fan is actually moving, but reporting 0 rpm.

The BIOS will not affect any settings for the Platinum or XT coolers. They get their power from the SATA connection and BIOS fan settings won't have any effect on the cooler's functionality.

Your other case fans that are presumably attached to the MB headers won't show up in this section. They should show up in the Dashboard, but you must add (+) the motherboard to the panel.

Edited by c-attack

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I tried force update. Nothing really changed. It is an h100i Platinum indeed. I went into dashboard as you mentioned and this is what shows. icue.thumb.PNG.37b4dc1749f421503f441d6de5ddc852.PNG

Fan 2 does indeed show on the right side but for some reason it doesn't show on the left side. Would you know why?

Also, is it normal for fan 1 to have a much higher rpm compared to all other fans?

By the way, very nice pc specs you guys have!

Thanks again

Don't keep flashing the firmware on the Platinum. That can certainly have negative consequences.

The fans on the right are what iCUE gets from the MB. It is isn't always as expected. The 4600 rpm number is the pump or at least how the motherboard interprets the pump's speed. Fans and pumps have different mechanics and most have some type of multiplier/divider to turn the pump speed into a number we recognize. Many Corsair units have a "2" divider and thus the iCUE reading is 1/2.

Your fans on the cooler are not connected to the motherboard in anyway and will not show up in the motherboard box. They have their own box in the system. Did you re-connect the fan that is not providing a reading? Did you swap the two cooler fans on the pump splitter?

Hi c-attack,

I did try switching them and nothing changed. It doesn't seem to be the motherboard.

If I understand correctly, there are 6 fan headers on the motherboard. Since they are all taken by the cooler and the rest of the fans, one fan is connected to the splitter. Would that explain Icue not reading it?

I am a bit confused but thanks again for taking the time.

There is only one fan connected to splitter from the pump? Where is the second 120mm ML-RGB fan? That would certainly explain why iCUE reads zero if it is on the MB headers, but both radiator fans need to be on the cooler's controller.

The MB lead to CPU fan from the cooler reports a pump speed. It does not offer control of anything and is mostly a safety precaution. You will get a 'CPU boot error' if the pump doesn't start at power on.

You are totally right. That explains it all. I had them all on the motherboard.

I just took one of them and added it to the other pump spliter and voila!

Again, thank you for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

Much love from Canada.

Kevin