Corsair Community

Latencies and voltage

Drug

I have 2 256MB VS3200 sticks. I'm aware that it's not the kind of memory you want to overclock, but I bought them because of budget constraints (it's Value Select, or wtf? :): )

They are running now at default spd: 2.5-3-3-11 (Abit NF7, FSB 200) 100% stable.

The question is: can I lower the timings and if yes, how? The comp locks if it's set to 2-_-_-_ or 2.5-2-_-_ or 2.5-_-2-_ and I have to clear CMOS :[pouts: . Should I rize the vdimm or...?

The second question is: at fsb>210 it fails prime 95 (didn't try memtest), but not the way it fails when CPU error (had pretty many of theese too) I guess it's the memory (the timings are 2.5-3-3-11). Again, should I rize vdimm?

Please make me clear: vdimm increase allows higher fsb, lower timings or both. And what is the maximum acceptable vdimm?

If you have 2x VS256MB400 sticks then you have a part rated @ 2.5-3-3-8 and the chances of you getting that to run CAS 2 with any voltage is unlikely. Getting a few more mhz out of the part with higher voltage will work. How much will depend on the IC used. I beleive Corsair's warranty is up to 2.85 vDIMM. You can try that and see if you can get stable in Memtest86+ @ 210 - 2.5-3-3-11.

Archived