Corsair Community

H100i Pro RGB XT and BIOS

lvidal91

Hi all - I installed the H100i cooler on my new PC as per instructions and plugged in the main header of the unit to the CPU fan header on my MoBo. This is how the unit shows up on my BIOS https://i.imgur.com/A6BF8uP.jpg

iCue recognizes it no problem and I can control the fans and pump without issue. I’m just curious if there’s any problems with the way the MoBo is recognizing the cooler or if there’s anything I can do to get the AIO and fans to be recognized separately?

Thanks!

You picture didn't post, but regardless the motherboard lead from the cooler really only serves a limited purpose -- to report the pump RPM to the BIOS. Since you can see that in iCUE any time, it doesn't have much value and it is not even required to be connected for the cooler to function. iCUE won't know if the MB line is there or not.

The one thing that will is your BIOS. The secondary function of that line is a safety measure when connected to CPU fan. If the cooler were to not start on power on, you would get the traditional "CPU boot error" warning immediately, rather than boot to Windows and then a forced thermal shutdown. This only works if the connection is made to CPU fan. If you don't want this, it can go on any other CHA or AIO/W_Pump header and it will report the RPM. It also can stay disconnected without consequence, so long as either something else is on CPU fan or you disable the CPU boot error warning system. (Advanced BIOS -> Monitor column -> set CPU Fan RPM to "ignore").

Edited by c-attack