Corsair Community

h100i rgb platinum problems

MoMo02

Hi there, yesterday I installed the H100i rgb platinum AIO Cooler to my PC and I am running into problems. When I first installed it, It ran smoothly and correctly with the rgb LEDs intact and the fan speeds/cpu temperature correct. When I turned on my pc today, I got a cpu fan error, the fans were at full blast and the LEDs were not working. I proceeded to ignore the cpu fan error message by ignoring it in bios to check iCUE and see if I could adjust from there. When I went into iCUE, it did not detect the cooler at all. However I could see it under the 'Bluetooth and other devices' In the settings. Any idea what is wrong? I also double checked all the wiring and everything is correct. As I said before, I just turned on my pc today and this happened. Yesterday it was running perfect. Thanks.

What is going on with the CPU temps in the BIOS (or desktop if you make it that far)? Can you feel any vibration from the pump?

What's you are describing is often what happens when there is an electrical device failure. The unit has power (fans spin), but if the fans have maxed out the pump is likely not moving and the coolant and thus CPU temps is rapidly climbing. From a cold boot this will look like the CPU temp is skip counting by 5's at a very rapid pace. You might have 20 seconds before it hits the ceiling. Once the coolant rises that high, it won';t come down until the heat naturally moves off and that can take hours. It makes it very hard to get back to Windows after the first try.

It does not seem like a detection error or the fans wouldn't blast. With or without the software, they will adjust with coolant temp. The only thing that can make the coolant temp spike like that is a lack of fluid movement.

If this is brand new, exchange through the retailer is the fastest course of action. If you have had it a while, contact Corsair to do the exchange through them.

Edited by c-attack

Thanks for the reply.

CPU temps vary from 35-40 degrees. Can feel vibration on the pump.

Seems strange as it was working fine however just suddenly stopped working. I did however remember that yesterday before shutting the pc down, I force updated the firmware from iCUE. I have no clue if this would've affected anything. I am also hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound quite frequently.

If the CPU temps are not out of control, then the pump is probably working. That then raises the issue of why the fans are blasting. Software running or not, they should not do this unless the coolant hits 40C. That cannot be the case is you end CPU temp is only 35-40. This more likely puts the coolant back at around 28-30C.

The only other reason I can think the fans would do this is if you set your fan curve to be based off CPU or some other sensor and the cooler can't rectify that without the software connection. It shouldn't happen on the USB connect/disconnect. That is presumably a separate problem.

What motherboard series are you running? There is an issue with the Platinum coolers and x570 boards. If that is not the case, try switching to a different USB internal port (if you have one).

The other possibility is the unit is just bad. That CPU boot error is concerning. You don't normally see that unless the device is effectively dead on the other end. The fans blast because they have no temp value to read (cannot access sensor). It could be as simple as a break in the connector that goes to the MB from the cooler, but I wouldn't bet on that. I am still of the opinion you should return if new or contact Corsair for a replacement.

Yes, CPU temps are non-concening and I am indeed using an asus tuf-x570 mobo. Ive been looking all day for a work around if there is one but i couldnt find anything. any recommendations on your behalf? or as you stated i should give up and return/replace.

The x570 owners have a lot of USB internal connection issues, most often the Platinum/XT coolers and Commander Pro pass through slots. The standard solution for most has been to use a 3rd party USB hub to act as an intermediary between the trouble pair. These are relatively inexpensive and a lot of users opted for the NZXT version. I am sure others work as well. Another temporary option would be to use a 9 pin internal to USB A connector to run it around to the back panel. Problem is most people don't have one of those lying around and it makes more sense long term to pay the extra $8 more and get the internal solution.

However, I am still worried about CPU boot error. That is not part of the USB chain and should not happen. There is only a tach wire on that cable to report the pump speed to the BIOS and signal that error state. So it is possible, there is a kink in the wire that is causing this or something similar. That in itself is a minor nuisance. The problem is that also is part of the safety features that identify a major issue, like the pump not starting. You can connect that lead to any other CHA fan header and see if you can get a reading.

Buenas,

Hace unos días pille un ordenador a medida montando las siguientes piezas:

- Ryzen 5 3600X

- Placa Base MSI A-570 Pro

- Tarjeta Gráfica: RTX 2070 Super de Asus

- Memoria Ram: 8x3200 de G.Skill

- Disco Duro EVO Samsung Plus M.2 de 500

- Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Kit de Refrigeración Líquida-

- Caja Nox Hummer

El problema que tengo es que tengo instalado el programa de ICUE para cambiar los RGB de la refrigeración y ver el tema de los ventiladores pero el programa no me lo detecta la refrigeración... alguien le ha pasado o cómo puedo hacerlo?¿

El USB está conectado a la placa y demás.

En internet no logro conseguir nada sobre este asunto.

Si alguien me ayuda se lo agradecería.

Saludos!