Corsair Community

Issue Syncing Only One ML140 RGB Light

NanoChiral

Hello all!

Recently (about 3-4 months ago) I built my first PC. I used LL120 fans for the case and a H115i RGB AIO Cooler for the processor, which comes with two ML140 fans. After installing everything and getting my RGB all set up using a Commander Pro and an RGB fan hub to accommodate the eight fans, everything seemed to work just fine. All the lighting was able to be synced and I had total fan control from ICue. Additionally, I used Jacknet RGB Sync to sync my GPU lighting with ICue, which also seemed to work without any problems.

However, I noticed an issue with one of the ML140 radiator fans RGB lighting. I discovered this issue a couple days ago, and having not seen any forums posts about this issue I thought I would post something in the hopes of finding a solution.

THE PROBLEM: When trying to sync all RGB lighting in ICue, one RGB light in one of the ML140 fans will not sync properly.

For example, when using the instant lighting in the top of ICue and setting it to white, the one RGB light looks like it's set to the pink setting. IMG_20200607_105402180_HDR.thumb.jpg.54292a4e1044627c79124dcd5520fa51.jpg

When setting it to green. the one RGB light looks like its set to the red setting. IMG_20200607_105535551.thumb.jpg.8d18c09764b5269c0518d02d8235c5d5.jpg

What I don't understand is why the other three lights would sync properly and the one won't. Additionally, when messing around with the lighting, it seems the one RGB will respond to changes in the lighting, but seemingly every time it has a much redder hue than what it was set to.

TROUBLESHOOTING: I have tried uninstalling both ICue and Jacknet to see if the issue might have been with the software, but the fan lighting issue remained even with both uninstalled. This has led me to believe that the issue is with the fan itself and not the software.

If this is an issue with the ML140 fan itself, is an issue like this covered by the warranty? Would I be able to get it replaced?

It is most likely the specific LED on that fan has lost its Green functionality from the R-G-B triplet. Contact Corsair Support for a replacement. The Platinum ML-RGB fans are a special high speed version not available through retail channels.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was hoping that the problem was not with the fan itself, but alas my fears appear to have come true. Quick question though, will I have to send in my ML140 fan in order to get a replacement one? Considering it is one of two rad fans, having it missing would really put a hamper on cooling the rig in the time it takes to get the replacement.

Additionally, if I purchased the H115i from a reseller should I go through them for the replacement or just go through Corsair Support? I'm not too familiar with how Corsair handles replacements as I am new to their products and don't want to waste anyone's time trying to go through the wrong outlet.