Corsair Community

H100i not detected by iCue

HoffmanT

Hello, this is my first time on this forum so excuse me if I miss something.

I built a new PC a few months ago and things have been working great.

I have a white H100i Platinum cooling my CPU. The pump and 2 radiators fans were controllable in iCue, but the front case fans were not. I decided to order a commander pro which I just installed.

Now all 4 fans are connected to the commander and that all seems fine. The one change was that my AIO USB cable is going into the commander (which plugs directly into the mobo). Previously the AIO went into an internal USB hub which plugged into the Mobo. Since I’ve installed the commander my AIO now does not light up, and it also seems to not be functioning. My CPU temps are high and the computer shuts down within a couple mins.

My first thought was the pump USB cable is broken. I don’t think it’s the mobo USB jack as the commander shows up in iCue and I can control all 4 fans. Should the AIO still function without the USB cable? The pump fan type connector is plugged into the AIO header on my mobo. I thought the micro-USB -> internal USB cable was just for RGB/iCue control.

The cooler will still work without USB, you just won't be able to monitor or control it.

Where is the cooler's USB connected? What temps are you seeing? Did you double check that the cooler is still plugged in to SATA power? Does it light up at all?

In the process of installing the commander I did some cable management and happened to tie up the sata power for the cooler, and missed plugging it in when I was reinstalling everything. :mad:

Dumb mistake, easy fix. Everything is working great now! I can finally turn my fans down a bit and quiet this PC down!