Corsair Community

Changelog for v3.29.110 ?

TurfJakkals

What is with the team not posting changelogs for the last couple versions? We kind of like to see what gets changed please. Honestly my next build is gonna be a different brand. I'm tired of iCUE.

Exactly. RGB and iCue are core to their products and marketing. Often issues with iCue. How hard can it be to post the changelog so we at least know what we get ourselves into... :bigeyes::sunglasse

Exactly. RGB and iCue are core to their products and marketing. Often issues with iCue. How hard can it be to post the changelog so we at least know what we get ourselves into... :bigeyes::sunglasse

Considering the amount of bugs that keep popping up lately... I've pretty much made my decision to probably get a different brand case and new fans and just move away from Corsair. I'm tired of the bugs and performance problems....

Exactly.. love the hardware, but sw/driver issues are terrible. Before iCUE we had that terrible app they got off-house for the M65 mouse etc, and now iCUE isn't much better. At least the old software didn't use 5-10% cpu.

I can't see any difference to the previous version.

CPU usage is still too high especially with the dashboard, should be <1% in my opinion.

I'll continue using the hardware fan control of my CoPro, temp sensors and H115i and just not leave iCue or it's service running.

iCue is still bumping Ryzen cores to > 1.4v.

I wonder if they'll never solve this BIG problem...

Baio

I highly doubt they'll do anything about it at this point

Updating iCUE feels like playing the russian roulette - it is so pathetic.

I highly doubt they'll do anything about it at this point

Updating iCUE feels like playing the russian roulette - it is so pathetic.

Let’s hope in a future 4.xx.xxx version...

If other software like HWInfo did it, I can’t see why Corsair cannot...

Baio

I rather have no update for 6 months while they revamp the whole app to use as few resources as possible.. even if it means cutting down some bells & whistles.

Or else why buy dedicated fan and lighting controllers, keyboards with friggin FPGAs in em if it's the CPU that does all the work..

Maybe to push sales on Obsidian 1000 ? one ITX build to manage RGB for the main one? lol

v3.29.110 is sucking 3% to 5% GPU usage of a 2080 Ti while the main window is closed and it's running in the tray. iCue is the biggest resource hog I've ever seen for something that runs in the background, ontop of the GPU usage do you really need to suck up 2% to 3% of a 9900k while causing the clocks to ramp up to max. Program needs a gigantic overhaul and optimization needs to be the no 1 priority. Edited by Radeon123

v3.29.110 is sucking 3% to 5% GPU usage of a 2080 Ti while the main window is closed and it's running in the tray. iCue is the biggest resource hog I've ever seen for something that runs in the background, ontop of the GPU usage do you really need to suck up 2% to 3% of a 9900k while causing the clocks to ramp up to max. Program needs a gigantic overhaul and optimization needs to be the no 1 priority.

Same problem, and ram usage 240 mb :(

9900k, rtx2080ti and aorus z390 master

For me too..

It's getting tiring to get into the routine of installing an update and searching where it ****ed up.

Well there goes my low 1%.

I updated my hardware profiles and just don't run iCue at all for now.

At this point i wait for that other brand to finish their controller software to switch.. No point in putting money in expensive hardware, watercool it to squeeze every Mhz out of it and kill it with botched drivers.

I mean, iCUE is one of the best RGB software, really great for shows, or to brag with friends, but it's not useable while gaming at all.

Maybe leave the main branch as it is and develop a light version of it, with a simple basic windows interface, drop down lists, tickboxes, doesn't matter.. just for basic RGB and cooling control. The commander pro is not just a fan hub. i am sure it can do a lot of things onboard that don't imply having a couple of services taking 5% CPU load on high end processors.

Edited by LeDoyen