Corsair Community

I need an RMA number

groverjr

I bought a set of dual channel platinum series 1GB dimms (2GB total) around 5-6 months ago. Last week they just stopped working. Everything else in my system was fine and a tech friend tested them and said they are "dead". The system hangs but works fine when I replaced the memory.

I would like to send them in for new ones since I paid almost $500 for them. The warranty page said I need an RMA number before I can proceed. Also, where would the "Module Part Number" be? Is it the 8-digit number that ends with a "-1"?

Thanks,

-Jim

• Corsair Employees

Jim,

Memory will not just die like that especially if you have more than one module. It would be extreamly hard to get 2 modules fail at that same time.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Jim,

Memory will not just die like that especially if you have more than one module. It would be extreamly hard to get 2 modules fail at that same time.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Part# is CMX1024-3200PT

MB is a D865PERL (Intel)

CPU is P4 2.66 GHz, 800 or 533 FSB I think.

All the BIOS, etc. should be set to their defaults.

It was working fine for almost 6 months and then my system hanged. I took it to a local store who tested it, they said it was dead (my friend works there). I tried different memory and everything works fine. I would just like to get it replaced since (through process of elimination) it seems to be the trouble. Then, I can return my friends extra dimms and get back to life as usual. It shouldn't be this difficult to return something that has a lifetime warranty afterall.

-Jim

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Ok, I filled out the online form last week (Wednesday or Thursday I believe) and I still haven't received anything for my RMA number! I've been checking in my spam filter, but I haven't seen anything there either. I don't want to fill the form in again and result in a duplicate report, so is there anyway you can check to see what's going on? Thanks.

-Jim

Archived