Corsair Community

Want to add GPU water block to Vengeance 5185 in 280x case

18B

I want to install a CORSAIR Hydro X Series water block on my MSI GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ventus (2 fan) that came installed in my Corsair Vengeance 5185. It's in a 280X case and already has a watercooled CPU block/radiator. Where would the radiator get installed for the GPU water block in a 280X case that already had 1 radiator for the CPU w/ fans installed in the top of the case? Is there a kit for this since it's all Corsair parts or do I just get the corsair water block and then buy all the other components separate?

I'm using the 280x aswell with a complete custom loop. You can place a radiator on the bottom as exhaust if you don't need your other PCIe slots - that's my current setup. But bear in mind, if your PCIe x16 slot it not the top most on your mainboard this is not optimal since you lack the space for full size fans as you can see on mine.

If you do need them, the only other place to put a rad is on the front. I am still debating with some people on the alphacool forum, if it would be better as intake or exhaust - I still need to test that as soon as I get my dual 60mm rad. That fits nicely into the back of the case with a little bit of modding.

You're pretty much stuck with 240mm fans - 280mm rads will only fit top+bottom if you use 120mm fans as front intake.

https://imgur.com/j2d2gEC

Edit: as for the kit - I remember to have seen one on Amazon but only with 360mm rad + XD5, which both do not fit into the case. You need and XD3 if you want to stick with Corsair products and don't want or can't mod your case that much.

Edited by Infin1tum

I don't mind modding the case as long as it don't get any bigger physically. I needed a 280X specifically because I travel a lot and it's the biggest case that fits in my travel bag. Most cases are taller and skinnier or shorter and wider, this happens to just fit perfect.

My GPU is installed in the top slot, looks like you packed a lot of stuff inside your case, thanks for sharing.

With your GPU in the top slot you'll probably get the most out of 2x 280mm rads in the top and bottom with 2x120mm fans as intake. If it wasn't for my mainboard that's what I would do as well.

If you don't mind modding, I've seen a video where a guy makes a passthrough into the midplate and installs an XD5 into the other compartment. The XD5 has the advantage of having a larger reservoir and higher flow rate thus taking longer until the loop is saturated.

But a full custom loop adds a lot of weight to your system - mine weighs like 10 or 12kg. Dunno if you're aware of that.

[ame]

[/ame]