Corsair Community

Asus K8N-E Deluxe and Corsair memory upgrade

Maxb

Hi!

I have purchased around 6 months ago a main board ASUS K8N-E Deluxe (Nvidia 3 250 chipset) and I have installed only one bank memory CORSAIR CMX512-3200C2 rev. 1.1.

All has worked fine, the memory worked with a very low timing :-)

Now, I have upgrading the memory size to 1 Gb, and I have purchased another bank of 512 Mb. Unfortunately I haven't found another identical type of memory, but only the type CORSAIR CMX512-3200XL that it has superior performances.

I have thought, that in the worse one of the hypotheses, the fastest memory would have worked with inferior performances...

I have installed the new memory in the slot 2 and I have turned on the PC.

The PC doesn't do the POST, only beep !

After a lot of tests and many changes of positions of the memories in the bank and adjustment of the timings of the memory, I have found that only I use the slot 1 and 3 and adjust the clock of the memory to 366 Mhz (instead that to 400) the system works, but the access to the memory is slow.

Can you help me to resolve the problem?

Kind Regards,

Hi!

I have understood: - (

Can I resolve the problem, purchasing another bank of memory(same type of CMX512-3200XL in stock on my supplier), so that to activate the dual channel feature without further problems, or is it advisable to purchase the same type of memory in the TWIN box ?

(I have some problem with the my supplier to change the memory)

Thank you.

Archived