Corsair Community

Question about first hydro x build and loop fullness

Hey just looking for some advice,

I just recently installed the brand new hydro x series and filled it but noticed a couple ares that is it not filling all the way and wanted to know if it was a big issue or not. Everything is cooling fine and pump temp sits around 38c and gpu idles around 40c while my cpu idles around 50c. I was just making sure if this was a problem with my blocks or how to fix it if I need to and the xd3 pump is full as well with this happening.

thanks for the help

image0.jpg.4b64173eaffa2ac81e14a35fad597435.jpg

Edited by newhouse11

Those are air pockets in your blocks. It's not like a critical problem or anything, as it looks like they aren't reducing the underwater surface area of your heatsinks, but the less air the better. If you see air in your blocks, you probably also have air you can't see in your radiators. That can impact your maximum cooling capacity.

There are a couple of tricks to getting air pockets to go away. One would be to run your pump at full speed for a good few hours. If you still have air pockets after that, you can tilt your case back and forth in different directions while the pc is running to force those bubbles to escape the blocks and rads. I've literally tilted my pc in every conceivable direction to get rid of air. You'll know it's working when you see bubbles passing through your tubes. It may seem scary, but as long as everything is installed nice and solid, you're not going to get leaks from just tilting the case. You probably want to avoid putting the pc in a full upside-down position as that will force any air in your res to get pumped back out into the system.

One thing to keep in mind: during this phase of tilting and forcing air to eventually make it into your res, it's a good idea to "burp" the res periodically by loosening your fill port for a couple seconds. I find that air pressure builds up in the res during the bleeding process and removing that excess pressure seems to help speed things along.

As stated above, they should not affect performance until the block gets exposed. That takes a big bubble. The process of tilting and working them out can be tedious. Be careful. You are far more likely to have something go wrong when trying to do somersaults with the case. The CPU one probably needs the case to go front side down for about 1 second. The GPU ones can be really tough and there is likely to be a small swirl in the one of the corners at all times. A more cautious approach is switch the pump from a somewhat low to relatively high speed to a create a pressure wave. Sometimes it works, but definitely hit or miss.

speeding up and slowing down the pump speed will help, but it won't totally get rid of the bubble in the cpu block. The gpu block one will go away speeding up and slowing down the pump. You will need to tilt the case so the bubble gets more toward the outlet area of the cpu block. Make sure your stop fitting is in the fill hole before you tip it. But that is the only way I could get rid of the bubble in the cpu block.