Corsair Community

I made an iCUE mistake - Hardware profiles - and cant fix it. Please help

ArtyMorty

Hi,

I'm a first time Corsair owner of a k70 MK2 Low Profile keyboard. I downloaded and installed iCUE 3.28.70 software (Win 10 Pro) and all went well. However, I seem to have made a mistake while trying to figure out how to load new hardware profiles to the keyboard. At the bottom of the profiles page (if I remember correctly) there was a choice to select - I don't remember what it said - but I clicked on it and apparently disabled the keyboard lighting showing up in the hardware profiles in iCUE.

So now when I click on any of the 3 hardware profiles on the left the K70 just stays black and the "K70 RGB MK.2 LP" device keyboard layout on the right is black as well. Before, I used to be able to just click on a hardware profile and both the software keyboard device pic on the right and the hardware would light up and show the colors. Or I could just cycle through the profiles on the keyboard and they would light up and be reflected on screen. If I click on the Default profile then all works as it should.

So far I've done a clean uninstall - including registry entries - and reinstall, and I've reset the keyboard to no avail.

Could anyone please help me figure this out?

You haven't done anything wrong. Part of the changes made in 3.27 and forward was the new hardware save system implementation. Before you had to do this through the HW Profiles (K70LP HW1, HW2, HW3). Now you can save to slot from any software profile.

To implement this they added the Hardware Lighting and Onboard Profiles tabs to all software and hardware profiles. Before the lighting you wanted to save was the lighting assigned to a specific HW profile and you could see it. When you selected HW1, you got a preview. Now that function is moved to the Hardware Lighting tab, so unless you duplicate it in the standard lighting part of the HW profile, the keyboard will go dark (and everything else without assigned lighting). In the software profiles, obviously the lighting shown belongs to the software profile. That will continue to show, but you can still save different lighting from the Hardware Lighting tab.

My suggestion is if you are working on the lighting and want to see what you are doing, create in the Lighting Effects tab of the K70LP HW# profile, then copy it to the Hardware Lighting tab when done. This also help identify which HW profile is which lighting. Otherwise you have to memorize. This is a new feature just added and I would expect some future refinement.

Thanks for your reply. I understand. I guess I must have been mistaken and thought that originally when clicking on the hardware profile on the left I would see the software and hardware show me a preview, Instead I see this: (attached image)

I tried what you said and it works just fine so I guess I'll do it that way.

Thanks a bunch for helping out.:biggrin:

624698932_Icue_K70RGB_MK.2LPHW1.thumb.png.7e253aa8f9eefbc17796b900eae7a1d0.png