Corsair Community

iCUE has broken my audio (Windows 7 64-bit)

Evil Eye

I recently bought a K57 keyboard, and decided to install iCUE to control the lighting for it. I also have a Corsair Void wireless headset, which was controlled with Corsair Utility Engine. However, upon installing iCUE my PC has suffered a number of problems- my headset is not producing any audio, media is not playing and my Windows audio settings keep crashing when I try and fix the problem. I can't seem to do anything to fix it, and the Corsair Utility Engine has seemingly been uninstalled. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Forgive me for going off topic a little bit, but I suspect the Windows 7 may be part of the issue. Windows 7 officially died January 14, 2020. Drivers, support, security updates are no longer going to be produced. As software and hardware evolves, support for windows 7 will get worse and worse.

You might already be running into these problems now.

Try uninstalling your audio drives and re-installing them.

Naw w7 is not the problem, I have 3 PC's running windows 7 and none of them have any issues running icue or my k55 keyboard. There no sound problems.

While there may indeed be some corrupted drivers or some such going on in the OP case it has nothing to do with w7 being supported or not.

I have the HS60 Wired Stereo Headset and experiencing similiar issues with iCue and sounds not working. Windows media player freezes up. Youtube says it cannot playback.

I end up having to restart the computer and it works for a little while.

I will look into reinstalling iCue and related sound drivers.

EDIT: I have reinstalled iCue and it has been two days working so far.

Edited by BirdUnit

• 8 months later...
I recently bought a K57 keyboard, and decided to install iCUE to control the lighting for it. I also have a Corsair Void wireless headset, which was controlled with Corsair Utility Engine. However, upon installing iCUE my PC has suffered a number of problems- my headset is not producing any audio, media is not playing and my Windows audio settings keep crashing when I try and fix the problem. I can't seem to do anything to fix it, and the Corsair Utility Engine has seemingly been uninstalled. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Sorry to necro this thread.

I am having this exact same issue. Windows 7 (64 bit) too.

I recently purchased new Corsair HS60 Haptic headphones, and while they are fantastic, the iCUE software is leaving a lot to be desired. It is very slow and bloaty.

Did you find any way to resolve the issues you outlined in your opening post?

For me, if I leave my PC running and go away for a short while, particularly with anything minimized (like a game) - when I come back *all* media on my system stops working. If I try adjust sound, windows audio/volume freezes repeatedly. The only way I found to "fix" this when it happens, is completely disconnect my Corsair headphones (which are USB) - it then makes everything come back to normal. But then, upon plugging them back in - makes the whole system crap itself again. So I end up having to restart anyway (which fixes the issue every time, like you said).

Sometimes this issue happens randomly too, not when I go AFK or anything. I usually notice it first when Youtube videos just refuse to play. Then my audio dies. Then I can't play any media at all in any capacity.

I'm beginning to think this really is a Windows 7 thing, as these headphones are a brand new model, and this version of iCUE is the most current, which would be made for Windows 10. So it may be something that cannot be fixed for Windows 7.

That and these headphones are so impressive, I feel they draw a lot of power from the PSU, too.

But still, it doesn't explain why everything works fine for a period, then just stops. I don't have my computer set to go into 'sleep' or 'hibernation' mode, and power settings are set to 'high performance'. All it does if I AFK for a period of time is go on the windows lock screen.

Any tips or help would be appreciated. When I first ran into this problem I did re-install iCUE a couple of times, I don't think that will fix it.

I was thinking of maybe trying an older version of iCUE, but these headphones are new model and they would be designed to be used with the newest version.

• 2 months later...