Corsair Community

MM800 Reverting back to rainbow

zwankyuss

Hi im currently running a few Corsair products a K70 mk2, Dark Core SE and an MM800 RGB Polaris

for some reason after a certain amount of time away from my PC my mousepad reverts back to rainbow swirl while all my other devices stay on the profile allocated. If i close icue and reopen it , the problem fixes

Ive spoken to Corsair about this there answer was to send me a replacement mousepad and have the "faulty" one sent back, the replacenment does the same thing unfortunately and the problem remains

Has anyone come across this problem before?

thanks very much

its still detected and it comes up showing that its displaying the lighting effect it should be (but isnt)

if i select a different profile my mouse and keyboard change perfectly but my pad stays in rainbow untill i close icue and reopen or unplug and replug

I don't know if this is hardware or software. The MM800 has always been a bit finicky. In iCUE, turn on your "debug logging" in the General Settings page. Someone may want that. I will try and flag this for review. I would also update your existing Support Ticket with the current status.

Ive spoken to Corsair support after they sent out the replacement and they have so far advised to uninstall icue and reinstall which ive tried and didnt work and advised to turn off sdk which didnt fix the problem either

thanks for the help, much appreciated

• 2 months later...

MM800 that keeps going to rainbow... oh yeah i HAD one that did that too. after trying every solution i could find almost all of which did not work ( reinstall Icue, fresh windows, monitor usb connection, task schedule disconnect and reconnect usb device based on VID / PID, ECT. ) i stumbled upon something interesting, if i had my wireless headphone dongle plugged into the MM800 mouse pad the sound would glitch at the moment the mouse pad lighting goes AWOL. So i have *fixed the mousepad lighting at the expense of loosing the usb socket, the solution is to pull the mouse pad apart ( if you dare ) it's tricky as it's all glued together remove thje PCB from the top half held on with 2 screws and more glue! cut the tracks from the usb cable going ion, cut the tracks from the hub chip to the MM800 controller, then link the d+ d- connection hey presto a direct usb connection to the MM800 controller. it has since worked flawlessly. wish i had took some pictures but dont fancy pulling it apart again.

Needless to say one does things like this at your own risk.

Regards Andy