Corsair Community

Keyboard freezes a lot

Eternity87

Hello,

K95 PLATINUM RGB

I have this strange issue while I am gamming and working from home. My keyboard freezes in the middle of anything I am doing while I am connected to the docking station OR connected to my gaming PC directly via the USB ports. I cannot type but the LED lights still stay on and the pattern are frozen.

I tried resetting the keyboard via disconnecting it and pressing and holding the ESC key and I tried force updating the firmware as well and have the same issues. I noticed that these issue came up after I installed the new iCue version few days ago.

Since this morning working from home, I have disconnected the keyboard 10 times now so I can work properly. I must say I am not impressed considering the brand name and how much it costed me to get this keyboard. I have started to loose patience now. I technically cannot play any online games now without getting defeated!!

Immediate help is appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jamal.

Edit: disconnected and re-connected 23 times in total now.

Edit: disconnected and re-connected 29 times in total now.

Edit: disconnected and re-connected 77 times in total now.

Edited by Eternity87

I managed to flash the firmware for the XT version yesterday evening and till now no issues at all. The only drawback is that I cannot set hardware lightning profiles. Does anyone have the .BIN firmware for the non XT version?

This proves that this is definitely a firmware issue and not a hardware issue.

I can then install the firmware the same way I flashed the XT firmware by inserting a PIN under the keyboard and plugging the USB on the machine etc ...

Please help with the firmware file. Thanks